Re: Failed MCSD 70-300 with Measure up

I remember when I took 70-300 (early 2006), I found it to be a very nitpicky
reading comprehension exam.

There was very little "technical" content, but the reading and criticial
thinking skills it tests required alot of checking and re-checking. I was
particularly irked, as they had some deceptive answers in there.

--
Chris Mullins, MCSD.NET, MCPD:Enterprise, Microsoft C# MVP
http://www.coversant.com/blogs/cmullins

"Cheval" <Cheval@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
First exam? No, I've passed 70-306, 70-229, 70-305 and 70-310 and
therefore
got the MCAD. This was the last test for MCSD.

The exam style didn't throw me as I had done it once before and the
Measure
Up practice exam had a similar style.

Answers in the questions? Yeah, that's the hard part, up until the point
of
seeing the screen showing the fail, I was quite confident that I had
double
checked my answers against each case study. But apparently not or not well
enough.

I've done some research last night and today on the questions that I could
remember from the test and for the ones I can remember apparently I was
right. On googling the question, the Brian Dump websites seem to have
similar
questions and some form of answers, so maybe thats the next step...?

Thanks for you feedback.

"Egghead" wrote:

Sorry to hear
Is it your first exam on the MCSD track?
I thought I get an 'A' on 70-300, but I only got a low-700s. It is a very
different exam than the others.
Actually I find out that most of the ans are given in the q, you just
need
to read the q very carefully and find the hints.

--
cheers,
RL
"Cheval" <Cheval@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I've unfortunately failed 70-300 twice now. The first time after doing
an
online training course and reading the self paced training book, I got
score of 667. I heard good comments on practice tests and went and
purchased
the Measure Up practice test. I got 92% on the 150 questions and
thought I
was ready. But today I again failed with a score of 667, so I'm at a
bit
of a
loss at where I should be looking next to see where my weaknesses are.

It would have been nice to see the strength bars like the previous 4
exams,
but I guess this is a rather exclusive exam.

What has worked (training or practice exams or some sort of skill
testing,
etc) for other that have passed?

  • Re: Long time without programming
    ... Just questions from the Exam Cram books and Microsoft assestment site ... I did CADD drafting for 13 years and I ... >> specific) I learned by reading. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad)
  • Re: Opinion about CEH
    ... I just passed the exam and took the course this week. ... HOWEVER ...if you take the material directly from CEH it's like reading ... I was just reading about CEH certification by ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Day Skipper Theoretical Exam - Where?
    ... There is no stand-alone exam for day skipper shorebased as this level is not ... intensive course at a sea school ... There used to be a good team of trainers at the LEA in Reading. ... "Reading Offshore Club" This is a well established club which started by a ...
    (uk.rec.sailing)
  • Re: Error: not all code paths return a value
    ... You may also want to do some reading on Exception handling and how ... returns a string but it does not returns any value ... Even if he pass one exam, what's you problem, you can't sleep because ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad)
  • Re: flunked 70-290 exam
    ... I got my 70-290 Exam on Monday. ... I would Suggest reading the Microsoft ... Windows Server 2003 Pocket Consultant. ... fantastic book for all other aspects. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)