Re: is MS cert. still paper cert.?

Ideally the MC** certifications should be a reflection of the skills
you possess in real life.
If you're programming in VB.Net 2.0 (congratulations on getting a job
in this market by the way) then you should go for MCPD certification.
Unless, of course, you've already started on the MCAD/MCSD, in which
case you should finish that cert and then upgrade to MCPD.

As for .NET 3.0. There seems to be a consensus here that .NET 3.0 =
..NET 2.0 (the runtime and base libraries would remain the same) +
WinFX. Therefore getting a .NET 3.0 certification would most likely
invole getting a .NET 2.0 cert MCPD + exam(s) on the WinFX libraries
(ie. WCF, WPF, WF and WCS).

Regards,
Andy

dotnetnoob wrote:
i just got my CS degree this year and currently working as programer. is MCSD
worth the time and money to study for? i'll like to earn a cert. that can
help me improve my skill. (i'm programing in VB.net 2.0) is MS cert. still
consider paper cert? did it help you learn programing and program in MS's
prodcut?

why so many different MS cert. for developer? you got
MCSD/MCAD/MCTS/MCPD...jeebus, which one should i take? i'll like to learn the
latest that mean .Net 2.0 so do i just go for the MCPD or what?

what happen when .Net 3.0 is release? Do i need to retake all the exam or
can i just take a simple exam to upgrade my skillset to .Net 3?

Can someone comment on MS cert.'s worth and which cert. should i take for
.Net 2.0?

thank

  • Re: is MS cert. still paper cert.?
    ... My take on the whole certification thing is that by undertaking the ... there is no exam for the "Enterprise ... i'll like to earn a cert. ... did it help you learn programing and program in MS's ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd)
  • Re: Enterprise Application Developer
    ... MCPD Win and MCPD Web are "deeper" then MCPD Ent in their ... the new certification has three separate exams for this instead of just one ... They couldn't just leave them with an MCTS level cert. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd)
  • RE: CISSP Question
    ... Plus, more interestingly enough, SANS is an alias for another corporation called Escal Institute of Advanced Technologies, INC. ... can actually have the chance to obtain the certification without any ... The baseline that I'm talking about is the level of a cert-holder's knowledge of the field being tested, not the ratio of potential to actual cert holders. ... that's pretty much how I'd regard the CBK review. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Value of certifications
    ... Many other certification organizations in ... many other fields have officers with an education background. ... I personally like a college degree over a cert. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: CISSP Question
    ... certification without any adverse financial hardships, ... cert holders. ... The CISSP test is not a test of experience, or even of skill, IMHO. ... that's pretty much how I'd regard the CBK review. ...
    (Security-Basics)