Re: Passed 70-305

From: The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere (._at_)
Date: 02/04/05

Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 17:19:46 +0000

>Those of us that do memorize all this don't need the docs or the help
>system.

Being able to solve business problems with what you have 'memorized'
is a different matter though. This is where the action's at (and the
money, never forget that), it's certainly not at being able to
reciting the dribble from a question and answer session. I remember
unix bods who thought it real cool, to be able to list [backwards] the
cron parameters; still I always through 'em a dime when I walk pass
them in the gutter.

Anyway, my argument is not about a book, its about a process which
allows people to become 'certified' without understanding the subject
matter. Having a good memory does not equate to knowledge and
understand in *any* given field.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Passed 70-305
    ... >Those of us that do memorize all this don't need the docs or the help ... Being able to solve business problems with what you have 'memorized' ... is a different matter though. ... cron parameters; still I always through 'em a dime when I walk pass ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad)
  • Re: Error in decimal places?
    ... If you are seriously suggesting, as seems to be implied, that people ... restrictions to memorize. ... that's a completely different matter ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Voice Recognition text you read
    ... No matter how large I blow up the text he needs to read, ... bold it so it will be high enough contrast for him to read it and memorize it. ... If the OS is new enough, you can set it to read text aloud. ... If not, there are add-on programs that will do that, as well. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.setup)
  • Re: Voice Recognition text you read
    ... No matter how large I blow up the text he needs to read, ... bold it so it will be high enough contrast for him to read it and memorize it. ... Dave ...
    (microsoft.public.office.setup)