Re: Question Regarding Exam 70-310

From: Rick (richard.ferber_at_gte.net)
Date: 09/23/04

Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 11:37:28 GMT

Valko and all,

Thanks for your responses.

Rick

"valko" <valko@yotov.biz> wrote in message
news:uyRXwe$nEHA.132@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Hi Rick,
>
> I passed them already this month in that order: 305, 306,310 :-))
>
> and yes to get 305 before 310 is a very good idea, because they overlap in
> many areas very much and also on 310 exam there was few questions from 305
> area.
>
> par example I remember 2 questions from my yesterday 310, they give you
> code
> with 4 connection strings and ask you how many pools you will have (answer
> was 3 because 2 strings was the same) - you get 1 pool for every UNIQUE
> connection string , and it was absolutely the same question on my 306
> exam,
> for ref. see:
> see
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconconnectionpoolingforsqlservernetdataprovider.asp
>
> second question was about Min Pool Size - you must to remember that it is
> set up in connection string and there was same question in 305 too. see
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfsystemdatasqlclientsqlconnectionclassconnectionstringtopic.asp
>
> if you look carefully in last link you will see "If you do not specify a
> network and you use a local server (for example, "." or "(local)"), shared
> memory is used." - I do not see question about this, but that details
> actually do MSDN THE BEST source for learning - I do not beleive you met
> in
> any book preparing you for exam such details.
>

> good luck
> Valko
>
> "Rick" <richard.ferber@gte.net> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> My plan to get a MCSD.net is to pass the exams in this order: 306, 305,
> 310,
>> 229, 300. However I could get my MCAD.net early if I do them 306, 310,
> 229,
>> 305, 300. It seems that it would be harder to pass 310 without passing
>> 305
>> first. Is passing 305 a good pre-requisite for passing 310? I would think
>> so. Any comments or advice on this? Thanks.
>>
>> Rick

Relevant Pages

  • Re: customize date
    ... Valko) tightened it up to produce this amazingly short formula. ... Rick (MVP - Excel) ...
  • Re: MCSE Elective question
    ... "Rick" wrote in ... > I think they may have changed this, because a year ago the 70-218 exam ... > ONLY applied to the MCSA certification. ... "you'd do what, to who, for how many biscuits?" ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
  • Re: who pass Solaris 9 SCSA upgrade exam...??
    ... Rick Ng Chi Wah at ... > Can you pass the exam?? ... objectives are on Sun's site: ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: MCSE Elective question
    ... I think they may have changed this, because a year ago the 70-218 exam ONLY ... applied to the MCSA certification. ... Rick ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)