Re: Best Book to prepare for MCSD exam

From: valko yotov (valko_at_nms-admin.ch)
Date: 09/12/04

Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 22:19:02 +0200

Hi,

I can't tell you which are the best books, but I can tell what I use now for
my MCSD

passed with 829 score 70-305 last week: 43 questions - in the beginning of
exam there is a notice that some questions are from beta - it don't looks to
me like beta questions they make them absolutely like real, if you now what
I mean ;-)

I will go tomorrow on70-306 and on 20th Sep on 70-310 based on what I learn
in books:

I study from Microsoft's MCAD/MCSD Self-Paced Training Kit: Microsoft
.NET Core Requirements, Exams 70-305, 70-315, 70-306, 70-316, 70-310,
70-320, and 70-300

test included in kit has absolutely the same structure, look and feel like
real exam, which prepare me very well for the exam. In fact on exam
there was about 5 questions absolutely the same like in training kit, why I
am not surprised ;-)

I try many training tests from different vendors including Transcender, but
somehow I do not like all them, and stop messing up with them (finally it
appears that I am right) - just learn from kit and from Sybex press
MCAD/MCSD: Visual Basic® .NET Windows® and Web Applications Study Guide and
of course learn A LOT from msdn - it take me 2 weeks to prepare, but I do
not do any exercises, because I anyway work with .NET from past 2 years.

I see a lot of references here for many books, but I really doubt that you
can get more valuable source then msdn, after all it is Microsft's exam.

good luck to all
valko

"Eliezer" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I would like to (once again) begin preparing for the MCSD.
>
> I started and made some significant headway in the book by
> Cassidy and Shapton printed by Osborne called "MCAD/MCSD
> Visual Basic.NET Web Applications". I found its examples
> full of errors and somewhat hard to follow, i.e. poorly
> written.
>
> Could someone suggest the best books/study guides to do
> well on the VB.NET track? I am primarily focused on
> buying the materials I need to pass all of the necessary
> exams; acquiring books for reference is *not* my main goal
> right now. Is there one volume that covers all of the
> VB.NET exams, or must I go buy a seperate book for each
> exam?
>
> Your advice would be much appreciated!
> Eliezer in Chicago

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Question on which books to study with?
    ... They didn’t stop sending me email for their practice exams and on September ... 11 I have ordered the 70-236 practice exam. ... average opinions on sybex books among a few others. ... guaranteed training kit on the market ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
  • Re: Question on which books to study with?
    ... I have found the Microsoft Curriculum excellent for the test objectives, and you may have luch there. ... Using the books to study the material where I was weak. ... > about shadow copies and dymanic disks, which may not even be on the> exam. ... >>> I've read bad opinions about the microsoft self paced training kit ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
  • Re: YEAHHH I DID IT
    ... Are you preparing for GMAT after your MCSD how doe this ... MCSD help if u are going for MBA? ... go ahead purchase all MCAD training guide books ... 70-229 exam. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd)
  • Re: Classroom vs Self Study
    ... your home lab. ... Most of the exam books have work along labs. ... excellent job of teaching you Windows 2003. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
  • Re: Good book for 70-300
    ... should read them after completing Main books, ... exam as they contain important points/topics in a condensed manner. ... Right now I'm reading Enterprise Development with Visual Studio .NET, UML, ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd)