Re: Best Book to prepare for MCSD exam

From: valko yotov (valko_at_nms-admin.ch)
Date: 09/12/04

Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 22:19:02 +0200

Hi,

I can't tell you which are the best books, but I can tell what I use now for
my MCSD

passed with 829 score 70-305 last week: 43 questions - in the beginning of
exam there is a notice that some questions are from beta - it don't looks to
me like beta questions they make them absolutely like real, if you now what
I mean ;-)

I will go tomorrow on70-306 and on 20th Sep on 70-310 based on what I learn
in books:

I study from Microsoft's MCAD/MCSD Self-Paced Training Kit: Microsoft
.NET Core Requirements, Exams 70-305, 70-315, 70-306, 70-316, 70-310,
70-320, and 70-300

test included in kit has absolutely the same structure, look and feel like
real exam, which prepare me very well for the exam. In fact on exam
there was about 5 questions absolutely the same like in training kit, why I
am not surprised ;-)

I try many training tests from different vendors including Transcender, but
somehow I do not like all them, and stop messing up with them (finally it
appears that I am right) - just learn from kit and from Sybex press
MCAD/MCSD: Visual Basic® .NET Windows® and Web Applications Study Guide and
of course learn A LOT from msdn - it take me 2 weeks to prepare, but I do
not do any exercises, because I anyway work with .NET from past 2 years.

I see a lot of references here for many books, but I really doubt that you
can get more valuable source then msdn, after all it is Microsft's exam.

good luck to all
valko