Re: Need Help in .net certification

From: The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere (.)
Date: 09/12/04

Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 15:53:50 +0100

>now every job market in india goes into phases... IT did great for a while
>and then it had the downturn (a small effect) but it ended up with more
>outsourced projects. hell lot of people in IT leave india and relocate
>somewhere else... so nowadays IT companies pay hell lot of money...

what gets me is that people think outsourcing is some new trend, where
as the truth is that outsourcing is fact of IT, always has been,
always will be. Many companies see outsourcing as a way to reduce
costs, this is no different to the 80's and early 90's, the only
difference is that there are more companies which utilize IT than
there were back then. In addition, many of the companies nowadays are
completely and utterly useless at managing and implementing IT
solutions, which is only reason why outsourcing 'seems' cheaper. In
reality if companies employed experienced professionals (from the top
down) and took a professional attitude to IT, outsourcing would be
seen as an expensive, ineffective way to implement IT.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Relevant Pages

  • Re: High-skilled jobs in finance and medical research going to India
    ... offshore-destination FAQ") that this is slowing down quite a bit and other cheap currency countries are getting into the act of grabbing jobs. ... India No Longer Offshoring Destination ... Offshore outsourcing is declining and has a high failure rate, defective products, is leading to a new pheonmenon: ...
    (sci.research.careers)
  • Indias Edge Goes Beyond Outsourcing
    ... Outsourcing is breaking out of the back office. ... most service industry jobs that were moved to countries ... like India were considered relatively low-skill tasks like answering ... executives, Wim Elfrink, to Bangalore, the center of the Indian ...
    (soc.culture.indian)
  • Re: Anyone had firsthand experience with Panniculitis/lymphoedema?
    ... I do value your opinion on the outsourcing front and welcome the opportunity ... make outsourcing to American MTs more expensive than using Aussie MTs. ... Australia Dollars = 0.751597 USD ... What difference does it make if the work goes to India, ...
    (sci.med.transcription)
  • Re: Book on Offshore Outsourcing
    ... Offshore outsourcing (i.e. BPO, especially to India) has a high failure rate and is leading to a new pheonmenon: ...
    (sci.research.careers)
  • Re: Anyone had firsthand experience with Panniculitis/lymphoedema?
    ... > outsourcing to India. ... For the most part here the outsourcing has been to ... > and it's too expensive to hire in Australia. ... >>> Aren't you afraid you're taking jobs away from Australians? ...
    (sci.med.transcription)