what happened to VC++?

From: Anil Kornepati (ani_kornepati_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 08/15/04

Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 22:36:44 -0700

i am a good programmer in VC++ and i recently decided to
appear for MCSD on VC++ Platform but to my surprise
Microsoft is no longer offering any certifications in VC++
platform...What to DO???????

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Why to use VBA?
    ... Please don call me selfish for not counting VB; YES MS did lose some VB developers that were unwilling to port to new platform BUT the number of office customers is not comparable to VB 6! ... The fact is that VB.NET is sufficiently incompatible with the previous version of VB (VB6, from which VBA is derived) that for all practical purposes an upgrade wasn't possible, you had to rewrite the code more or less from scratch. ... The automated code converters provided by Microsoft were next to useless, and the fact that Microsoft went and changed lots of names of objects and properties meant that late-binding code wouldn't work without rewrite because it couldn't be automatically converted at all. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.vba.general)
  • Re: .NET SUCKS --- READ FOLLOWING. MICROSOFT IS A SUCKY CO
    ... .NET is not cross platform and Microsoft have never claimed it to ... Shared Source CLI Implementation is a file archive ... In addition to the CLI implementation and the ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)
  • Re: My Migrations
    ... I used to say all my dreams were in COBOL. ... Development and deployment platform based on SOA and Smart Client ... All source languages are translated to C#. ... The fact is that MicroSoft DID have some bad products and they still have ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: My Migrations
    ... I used to say all my dreams were in COBOL. ... Development and deployment platform based on SOA and Smart Client ... All source languages are translated to C#. ... The fact is that MicroSoft DID have some bad products and they still have ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: .NET SUCKS --- READ FOLLOWING. MICROSOFT IS A SUCKY CO
    ... What information sources do you have that we do ... .NET is not cross platform and Microsoft have never claimed it ... Microsoft person where they use the term 'cross platform'. ... > connect to a desktop that can't be connected to a PDA. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)