Re: Do I need the Windows App exam to pass 70-300

From: Chris Kennedy (chrisknospam_at_cybase.co.uk)
Date: 06/29/04

Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 16:40:21 +0100

I work for a web design company who neither builds or uses bespoke windows
apps. We are introducing .net and I want something a little more formal in
terms of how I do specs. I would rather do it first while the company is
willing to pay for it so we can get the benefit ASAP rather than take a lot
of time and effort for something the company doesn't need. I can do the
Windows App exam in my own time purely to get the MCSD qualification.

<Eric> wrote in message news:e1dp%23veXEHA.3516@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Chris Kennedy wrote:
>
> > I posted a few days and didn't get an answer so I'll give another go
> > :) Those of you who have done the 70:300 exam, do you need to have
> > done the Windows applications exam or is it purely things like UML
> > and normalization rather than the specifics of a web app being right
> > for one solution and windows app being right for another?
>
> There is no specific requirement for knowing how to build individual
> programs for this test, but it seems wise to have that skill before
> taking this test.
>
> I personally don't understand taking the 70-300 first, but it's not
> really "wrong".
>
> You might want to consider which test would enhance your career more at
> this time.
>
> Eric

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Windows.. its like coming home!
    ... gradual transition, especially in going from OS 9 to OS X. ... They needed something that could compete with Windows, ... mean by the "2 of every app" comment before - Apple took whatever apps ... I've found that because the Dock shows applications rather than windows, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Windows.. its like coming home!
    ... gradual transition, especially in going from OS 9 to OS X. ... They needed something that could compete with Windows, ... mean by the "2 of every app" comment before - Apple took whatever apps ... I've found that because the Dock shows applications rather than windows, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Frustration level with Windows -- ARG!
    ... I can have an app sieze and you can go take a ten ... That is MS-Outlook, not Windows. ... to the processes tab, not the applications tab. ... and it tries to stop them "gently" if it can, before resorting to kill -9. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • RE: Beginners Questions
    ... We do use Windows form on the presentation layer which is on ... terminal server and call web services on the business logic side. ... of using "proxy" authentication on SQL Server. ... > I have written an app with a Windows Forms UI that is deployed to clients ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.distributed_apps)
  • Re: DOS applications ?
    ... A DOS batch file runs dos programs sequentially and can run ... command prompt window and keep the second command ... Windows APIs to do it. ... A 16-bit DOS app running on pure MS-DOS cannot launch another app ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)