RE: To earn MCSD should I pass 70-229 before 30 June?

From: MGabriele (MGabriele_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 06/15/04

Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 06:52:02 -0700

Hello,

I am in the same situation as you studying for the 70-229 exam to complete the requirements.

On MCSD for Visual Studio requirements page reads: "As denoted in the tables below, Microsoft Visual Studio® 6.0–based exams are scheduled for discontinuation on June 30, 2004, after which the MCSD on Visual Studio 6.0 track will no longer be available. Anyone who earned the MCSD certification before June 30, 2004, will remain certified" Yet when I talked to a contact on the phone they state that since 229 is still available you can still earn a MCSD. I am still trying to clarify. If I learn more I'll post here. In the meantime I've scheduled the exam before the end of June.

Regards.
"AleXT" wrote:

> I have very important question to me.
> Please answer if you know the answer.
>
> I want to earn MCSD for VS6 track.
>
> I have passed already 3 exams 70-100, 70-175, 70-176.
> As you know they are expired after 30 June.
>
> I'm preparing now to pass 70-229 now (it is not expired after 30 June).
> This is the last exam required to earn MCSD for me.
>
> To earn MCSD should I pass 70-229 before 30 June?
> Or I can pass 70-229 after 30 June and I will get MCSD certification
> anyway?
> What would be official Microsoft answer in this case?
>
> Thanks,
> Alex T

Relevant Pages

  • Re: All you wanted to know about MCP/ MCAD / MCSD but where afraid to ask
    ... > "Hermit Dave" wrote in message ... >> if you are a beginner and think that MCAD or MCSD will look good on you ... you give one exam you become MCP ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd)
  • Re: All you wanted to know about MCP/ MCAD / MCSD but where afraid to ask
    ... > "Hermit Dave" wrote in message ... >> if you are a beginner and think that MCAD or MCSD will look good on you ... you give one exam you become MCP ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad)
  • Re: MCSD Visual C++
    ... what I am about to ask is kind of unrelated to my original post but since it ... I have xp prof, and I want to install MTS because I am giving MCSD VC++, ... > When a candidate takes an exam, ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd)
  • Re: Still unclear
    ... It is a series of exams that certify job ... There are courses that cover most/all of the material in the exam ... For the syllabus ("skills being measured") for each exam go to ... Cindy Winegarden MCSD, Microsoft Visual FoxPro MVP ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd)
  • Re: YEAHHH I DID IT
    ... Are you preparing for GMAT after your MCSD how doe this ... MCSD help if u are going for MBA? ... go ahead purchase all MCAD training guide books ... 70-229 exam. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd)