RE: To earn MCSD should I pass 70-229 before 30 June?

From: MGabriele (MGabriele_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 06/15/04

Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 06:52:02 -0700

Hello,

I am in the same situation as you studying for the 70-229 exam to complete the requirements.

On MCSD for Visual Studio requirements page reads: "As denoted in the tables below, Microsoft Visual Studio® 6.0–based exams are scheduled for discontinuation on June 30, 2004, after which the MCSD on Visual Studio 6.0 track will no longer be available. Anyone who earned the MCSD certification before June 30, 2004, will remain certified" Yet when I talked to a contact on the phone they state that since 229 is still available you can still earn a MCSD. I am still trying to clarify. If I learn more I'll post here. In the meantime I've scheduled the exam before the end of June.

Regards.