Re: Learning C++ needs Assembly Language too?

From: Disillusioned_01 (none_at_none.com)
Date: 06/10/04

Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 10:47:36 +1000

I started liking your style...
Well If you are a BIG company like IBM and you see clients
as h(m)oneypots mostly you look is to increase revenue.
(the margin in IT business is enormous I would like to see it come down to
an acceptable level)
It is not that people don't have best intentions . The very
structure of service providers is based on profit motive .
  not on best outcome...

> >May be last 10 years I have
> >worked in bad IT projects...(Including the one first introduced mobile
> >technology to Aus)
>
> Yep guessed you have.
>
> IT has always been in mess, and some are still waiting for the magical
> silver bullet....
>
> Rather than getting better, IT simply gets worse and worse, so it's
> not surprising when companies see outsouring as the (often wrong)
> answer to their problem's.
>
> I've been in this business for twenty-three years, seen operations in
> many different countries (including a brief stop in Oz), and seldom
> see an operation worthy of any credit. I'm currently in the UK,
> extracting data from business systems that quite frankly a untrained
> money could have produced better systems.
>
> Even with all the brilliant new tools and techniques available today,
> companies still have no idea how to produce 'quality' software. Diving
> into 'coding' from day one is even more common now than ever, with
> little idea of what they are building, let alone how to build it -
> madness.
>
> - The sooner you start coding, the longer it takes finished (if at
> all). 40% of budget for implementation? Not even for the most complex
> prototype. Make a good taking point at an interview though.
>
> Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Obamas Powderkeg
    ... Concentrating on the CORE business and doing what they were HIRED ... If a university hires professors to increase revenue, ... If a university's goal is to actually educate ... students, to stay true to those Latin words hammered in stone outside ...
    (rec.sport.football.college)
  • Re: Yanks-Sox
    ... I said the Red Sox HAVE more resources to spend than the Yankees. ... I never said they have more "revenue coming in", and if you read that, or if ... Henry/Lucchino spend their money on. ... Now the next question is this: Do you believe that business owners ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox)
  • Re: Small Business? BIG Lie - GOP "Terms" Fortune 100 Giants As "Small Biz"
    ... By now we've all heard the GOP mantra. ... It turns out that, according to the GOP, "small business" is a term that ... doesn't mean not many employees. ... Small doesn't mean not huge revenue. ...
    (alt.politics)
  • Re: Small Business? BIG Lie - GOP "Terms" Fortune 100 Giants As "Small Biz"
    ... Its none of your business Canadian shithead!!!!!!!!!!!! ... By now we've all heard the GOP mantra. ... doesn't mean not many employees. ... Small doesn't mean not huge revenue. ...
    (alt.politics)
  • Re: No more Friday Night "free" baseball !!!
    ... that after a company reaches a certain benchmark they shouldn't be allowed to pursue more revenue. ... Well that's what you implied with your statement "I think it is legitimate to question a business along the lines of 'how much is enough?'" A good business constantly strives to increase revenues and never says "ok, ... I just meant questioning and grumbling by customers and former customers. ... If someone is so poor that they can't afford cable, they probably aren't going to fall into the demographic your advertisers are trying to reach. ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox)