Re: Learning C++ needs Assembly Language too?

From: The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere (.)
Date: 06/08/04

Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 08:57:31 +0100

>No ... Average cost of development team may be upto 40%
>of a project . Youe view is too much simplisic in this case

So, given your figure above - requirements analysis, conceptional &
logical design, physical & implementation design, deployment
(including deployment planning & testing), link testing, integration
testing, system testing/planning, operations acceptance
testing/planning; not to mention team selection, project management
(often absorbed in the overall cost), risk analysis (normal part of
PM). quality assurance (again often absorbed), external costs (such as
building costs, insurance, etc, etc), required training for key
personnel , hardware/software costs (licenses etc) should count for
60% while 'coding' accounts for 40%, I think my view is hardly
simplistic.

Implementation (i.e. coding) should account for no more than 15%
(ideally less than 10% these days) of the over project costs.

You have simply highlighted why so many IT solutions fail to deliver
cost affective solutions to the business.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3