Re: Learning C++ needs Assembly Language too?

From: The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere (.)
Date: 06/07/04

Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 18:26:52 +0100

>In way you are right ,Business solutons Don't really care about cutting
>edge Tech.....

Nor should they, software only exists to solve business problems.

>I thought you would se the writing on the walls on this case ...

I can't read.

> Real argument is ATO want to implement sytem in cobol and later offshore
>the cobol work(Code cutting) There by retaining only the design work in AU
>and cutting cost.

Even for coding in Cobol, the costs in terms of money and resources
would be very small. The real cost, as always, are elsewhere.

>This doen't warrant a logical explanation you read in text book
>it is just cost cutting ....

Everything is about getting the best value for money. However with IT,
few companies have any ides how to get the best value out of IT. There
are plenty of texts books which explain how to do this, but it
requires total commitment for all sides of the business. However, it
should not take too long before the benefits start to show through.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3