Re: SQLDataConnection

From: Jay Walters (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 06/04/04

Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 20:10:18 -0700

I don't think that's what he was trying to do :-)

I think he's a total newbie and just doesn't have a
proper connection string...

The error is : >> Login failed for user '(null)'.

If he was having trouble connecting with the ASPNET
account - it would say failed for <LOCAL>\ASPNET

of IIS, then in
>web.config put element <impersonate="true"> that will
allow to connect to

1C1EA047752C@microsoft.com...
>> hello,
>> I have been trying to test a code to connect to an
sqlserver database.
>> all i have done is used a datagrid to display some
data from pubs databse
>in sqlserver.
>> i have used sqlconnection, sqldataadapter. i have
writted code under page
>load as
>> sqldataadapter1.fill(dataset1)
>> datagrid1.databind().
>> when i build and browse the page, I get the message,
>> Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated
with a trusted SQL
>Server connection.
>> Can you guys explain what is happening? It is really
frustrating.
>> Thanks Papri
>

>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Error "SQL Server does not allow remote connections"
    ... The application could not connect to the sql server db. ... network is blocking the connection. ... SqlInternalConnectionTds connHandler, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 ... integratedSecurity, SqlConnection owningObject) +737554 ...
  • Re: Connection from remote computer to network SQL Server
    ... There is no firewall on the W2K machine acting as the SQL server. ... I tried making the SQL machine a "trusted" on the router. ... connection works. ... To find the IP address of your computer inside the network, ...
    (microsoft.public.access.adp.sqlserver)
  • ADO.net Orcas Samples Install Problem
    ... An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. ... When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the ... SqlInternalConnectionTds connHandler, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, ... or am I better off with a full SQL Server install. ...
  • Re: OpenDataSource SQL Server xpress problem
    ... I tried your suggestions with some success. ... I tried setting up the .odc file through the Word Mail Merge wizard as ... If I work through the dialog to connect and then click the 'Test Connection' ... but I suspect it's because until recently most SQL Server ...
    (microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields)
  • Re: Exception trying to import data from Excel .
    ... An attempt to install Microsoft SQL Server 2005 this week has not gone ... The connection type "EXCEL" specified for connection manager ... to create a connection manager for an unknown connection type. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.tools)