SQLDataConnection

From: Jay Walters (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 06/02/04

Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 07:42:19 -0700

This is about db permissions.

If you're using a username and password:

Enterprise Mgr, right click on local SQL Server instance
[or what ever instance you're using], I think it's the
security tab - make sure that you have mixed mode turned
on (Windows auth and SQL password)

If you're using an windows auth: then make sure that your
local ASPNET user has permissions to the database.

sqlserver database.
>all i have done is used a datagrid to display some data
from pubs databse in sqlserver.
>i have used sqlconnection, sqldataadapter. i have
writted code under page load as
>sqldataadapter1.fill(dataset1)
>datagrid1.databind().
>when i build and browse the page, I get the message,
>Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated
with a trusted SQL Server connection.
>Can you guys explain what is happening? It is really
frustrating.
>Thanks Papri
>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Post SP3 Enterprise Manage Problem
    ... When you say "database", do you really mean the SQL Server instance? ... you cannot connect to the local SQL Server instance running on ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • RE: How to connect test to production system
    ... Your local SQL Server computer connected to your main ... connect to the databases in the remote SQL Server instance. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect)
  • RE: How to connect test to production system
    ... main computer or the local SQL Server computer? ... should I be able to link the database on my local SQL server to the ... For example, your test SQL Server instance name is "Server1\SQL2K", while ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect)
  • Re: [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
    ... Hello I had the same problem, but mine was in the Visual Studio Server View. ... I was unable to connect my local SQL Server instance. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect)
  • ADP, Application Role, and objects
    ... The above link is to an atricle on how to implement SQL Server Application ... After you connect with your ADP, fire a bit of code to set the ... third party tools to view the data on the same database. ... Scenario 1 - If I explicitly grant permissions on that object to the user ...
    (microsoft.public.access.adp.sqlserver)