Re: Software Architect

From: The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere (.)
Date: 05/11/04

Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 16:34:20 +0100

>So, is there anything I can do in order to work towards as a software
>architecture?

Yes there is, it's just that there is no magic button to press to
becoming one.

My advice would be to first get a good understand of what
[professional] software development is all about. You're experience
should already gives you a good start on your way ,which can be
supplemented with a couple of good software engineering books
(Pressman, Davis, Sommerville are excellent authors).

As for you moving forward with your career , well the best place would
be within your present company, try and convince them of the
importance and benefits of such a role.

By all means do the mcsd, CSDP or any other certifications which you
think may help, so long as you're learning as well. Just remember that
without experience in that sort of role, few, if any, companies would
hire you given the critical nature of the role.

Good luck

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Website feedback wanted...
    ... Graham P Davis wrote: ... > I found moving around the map laborious, even with broadband. ... > would be an advantage to be able to centre/zoom on a location by ...
    (uk.sci.weather)
  • Re: Pinter bags the Nobel
    ... That's kind of nifty news. ... laureate, but am somewhat familiar with his work. ... Pinter's had an interesting career, moving from prickly, nearly ...
    (rec.arts.books)
  • Re: Pinter bags the Nobel
    ... >Pinter's had an interesting career, moving from prickly, nearly ... >which I've seen two stage productions, but not the film -- Jeremy Irons ...
    (rec.arts.books)
  • Re: Why refactoring is better
    ... I've spent my whole career ... >becoming a better software engineer and that includes moving away from ... >is what we need to be moving more of our programmer collegues toward. ...
    (comp.object)
  • Re: Extract of Today interview between James Naughtie and Lord Carlile, 12th June, 2008, 8:10 am
    ... This is the battle that David Davis must now fight to try to convince ... and side with the Westminster Village. ... Michael Brown (Independent - here's what he said: ... Ah, Michael, so career is worth far more ...
    (uk.legal)