Re: I definetly got it.

Thanks Mitch, helpful as always,
I meant i newer used 2008 server , but i think i can get it, but maybe it's better 293 and 294 before this exams.
For what is virtualization, i use VMWare and i want to use xen in the near future.
what about comptia Complete? is this good? i have the 2007 kit but it ttalks a lot of win 2k... incredible nobody uses it any more !!!!
in myself i feel 293 and 294 for next year. mixed with some Debian-or linux. then win 7 in 2011.
thanx a lot.
Fausto-news.tin.it

"Mitch Garvis, MCT" <mct@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:u$L3AVnaKHA.1596@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Firstly congratulations on getting your MCSA.

What's next? Simple... if you have never seen Windows Server 2008 then START LOOKING! It's been out for nearly two years and oh yeah... there's a 2008 R2 out too.

You have three choices:
- Continue with Windows Server 2003 exams and get your MCSE
- Learn Windows Server 2008 and in a couple of years start taking THOSE exams
- Look at the plethora of new cert options that are more granular, including desktop, virtualization, and so on.

Good luck!

"news.tin.it" <stipcatruoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:0B2913EF-A8EB-4520-BEC3-2A4DC6E135DB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm proud to say that i passed exam 70.621 and so now i'm mcp-mcsa 2003, after 2 years od studing.
I'm happy about the work i did.
70-272, 930 score
70-271, 812 score
70-290, 715 score
70-291, 676 score- failed... 932 second shot, I had the same questions
70-621, 800 score; MCSA.
What's now? Win server 2008(never seen) or Win 7?
Any suggestions?
TNX

  • Re: Where to start in 2010
    ... cost to me and which exams to take? ... The MCSE for Windows Server 2003 will require you to pass a minimum of seven exams, depending on how you decide to do it. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
  • RE: Wanting Certification-Where to start
    ... server operating systems running. ... If you try to take these exams without server experience you ... recommend spending some quality time on the microsoft knowledge base. ... When I decided to go for my MCSE I had about 7 years ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
  • Re: New MCSE Student
    ... my home set-up, I'm way ahead of you mate! ... I already have a Server set up ... As for failing exams, I'm obviously going to be taking plenty of mock exams ... > switch to switch between computers and/or use Remote Desktop. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
  • RE: Wanting Certification-Where to start
    ... server operating systems running. ... If you try to take these exams without server experience you ... recommend spending some quality time on the microsoft knowledge base. ... When I decided to go for my MCSE I had about 7 years ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
  • Re: Overlap between 290 and 270
    ... >> I see the exams as discrete exams. ... >> nothing to do with supporting XP Pro, which has nothing to do with ... >> managing a SQL Server. ... >> I'm not sure the same is true though with client / server ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa)