RE: certificate?

"A.farahani" wrote:

hello
I didn't understand what means certificate and public key & private key?

who can explain?
when we use them? in which scenarios?

thanks

i have received only mcp certificate so i want mcsa certificate

  • Re: Unable to use third-party cert after Exch Sp2 update on SBS200
    ... Every *server* certificate in IIS has to ... The public key is sent when a request from a browser ... The public key is used to *decrypt* data. ... The private key is used ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: How to exchange certificate ?
    ... certificate store (I own ONLY a public key). ... >contained in a certificate store AND having an associated private key. ... you can test any cert for an associated private key using: ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: encrypting email?
    ... an ID certificate is required and VeriSign will gladly produce one for $19.95 a year. ... Putting your public key on a public keyserver, ... And you hold onto the private key, ... encrypt their mail to you. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: TLS-certificates and interoperability-issues sendmail / Exchange / postfix ..
    ... > to assert that certificate validation doesn't happen, ... this trusted public key store contains public keys of that the ... signed by the CA. this digital certificate is returned to the "key ...
    (comp.security.unix)
  • Re: What is a Certificate?
    ... what exactly is a certificate? ... > I've read that it is a private key / public key pair. ... register public keys of something called "certification authorities" ... An example is the SSL domain name digital certificate scenario. ...
    (comp.security.misc)