Re: Passed 72-290

"Paul Jones" <news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:6qjic55kup190ocf01j49k8s7n21ap8oea@xxxxxxxxxx
On Sun, 4 Oct 2009 19:14:26 -0500, "Lawrence Garvin [MVP]"
<lawrence@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

To use your CompTIA certs as elective credit for the MCSA/MCSE, you need to
ensure that they're recorded on your MCP transcript:
https://mcp.microsoft.com/mcp/tools/trans.aspx

No, he can only use them for an MCSA.
He has not got Security+, just A+ and N+ which can only be used towards
and MCSA.

Hmm.. then somebody probably needs to tell Microsoft Learning to remove the entry from the MSCE requirements page: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mcse.aspx#tab2

Since the requirements page does not explicitly list the certifications which are currently accepted, I presume you have an alternate published location for which you can provide a reference link.

--
Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

  • Re: Trouble with Shortcut Organizer -- any advice?
    ... the default shortcut for AllCaps is Ctrl+Shift+A. ... Microsoft MVP ... > if you have to defeat the security to get any useful work done. ... Heck, Microsoft even tell you ...
    (microsoft.public.word.newusers)
  • Re: Reading Email while onLine
    ... Sandi Hardmeier, Microsoft MVP is STILL out there trying to ... >> I actually raised a substantive and new security issue. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Reading Email while onLine
    ... Sandi Hardmeier, Microsoft MVP is STILL out there trying to ... >> I actually raised a substantive and new security issue. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: log in to Windows mail
    ... Microsoft rethought all security aspects ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... should rely on vista log in to protect their email. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: windows sp2
    ... Microsoft MVP (Windows Server System: Security) ...