RE: 70-290 Simulations

"FunEMT" wrote:

Hi all,
Does anyone know if the simulations on the 70-290 exam are weighted more
than the other questions? I have tried to find out, but can't find anything
on the Microsoft site.

Thanx in advance for your help.

--
FunEMT
A+, NET +, MCP, MCDST

FunEMT, you have probably already taken the exam, but for others who will
take the ‘revised’ exam in the future, I would give the following advice
based on my personal experience (without revealing details of the test as
agreed to and accepted in the pre-test requirements,…):
 Get Virtual Lab setups to study with at home if you do not already have
them.
 Go over the ‘simple’ things like setting up Share and NTFS permissions and
resolving issues with them.
 Do this for every scenario you can imagine
 Set up User Accounts and experiment with every User Account setting you
can find
 Find somebody that works with Server 2003 and see if you can get some peer
support and advice about situations they encounter in their job roles
On my exam I easily had 8-9 simulations, some of which were the equivalent
of 2 or 3 questions in one.
I am sure that for experienced administrators these would be a cakewalk.
But, since I am an entry level novice administrator like many others who will
take this exam, my experience is limited and made the simulations a bit
harder.

Best of luck to all.

SynthsayerWWX

MCTS

  • Re: New exam simulations are terrible!
    ... And, since you don't intend to take the exam, I guess you ... >I haven't taken one of the new simulations, ... >> "Certification exams will now feature both traditional ... As a matter of fact, ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
  • Re: New exam simulations are terrible!
    ... comments on the exam and I did e-mail the testing team. ... colleagues also filed complaints with the testing center, ... VUE, and Microsoft. ... >>>I haven't taken one of the new simulations, ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
  • Re: I made it sound worse than it actually is... I apologize
    ... > retract the way I criticized the exam simulations. ... There are bugs in the simulations. ... > colleagues told me that they were able to make some ... > initial criticism. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
  • Re: PrepLogic Practice Exams
    ... Test Software, but I've only used them for the 70-284. ... but most of my simulations worked (only one didn't ... like the IIS 4.0 exam all over again. ... >> I recently purchased the PrepLogic Practice Exam for 70- ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa)
  • RE: 70-290 Interactive issues...
    ... because most of my simulations worked correctly. ... I think Microsoft certification is ... >> I took the exam this past Saturday and failed. ... >>> ipconfig, it doesn't work, but then I edit the nic to ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa)