RE: 70-290 Simulations

"FunEMT" wrote:

Hi all,
Does anyone know if the simulations on the 70-290 exam are weighted more
than the other questions? I have tried to find out, but can't find anything
on the Microsoft site.

Thanx in advance for your help.

--
FunEMT
A+, NET +, MCP, MCDST

FunEMT, you have probably already taken the exam, but for others who will
take the ‘revised’ exam in the future, I would give the following advice
based on my personal experience (without revealing details of the test as
agreed to and accepted in the pre-test requirements,…):
 Get Virtual Lab setups to study with at home if you do not already have
them.
 Go over the ‘simple’ things like setting up Share and NTFS permissions and
resolving issues with them.
 Do this for every scenario you can imagine
 Set up User Accounts and experiment with every User Account setting you
can find
 Find somebody that works with Server 2003 and see if you can get some peer
support and advice about situations they encounter in their job roles
On my exam I easily had 8-9 simulations, some of which were the equivalent
of 2 or 3 questions in one.
I am sure that for experienced administrators these would be a cakewalk.
But, since I am an entry level novice administrator like many others who will
take this exam, my experience is limited and made the simulations a bit
harder.

Best of luck to all.

SynthsayerWWX

MCTS