RE: 70-290 Simulations

"FunEMT" wrote:

Hi all,
Does anyone know if the simulations on the 70-290 exam are weighted more
than the other questions? I have tried to find out, but can't find anything
on the Microsoft site.

Thanx in advance for your help.

FunEMT, you have probably already taken the exam, but for others who will
take the ‘revised’ exam in the future, I would give the following advice
based on my personal experience (without revealing details of the test as
agreed to and accepted in the pre-test requirements,…):
 Get Virtual Lab setups to study with at home if you do not already have
 Go over the ‘simple’ things like setting up Share and NTFS permissions and
resolving issues with them.
 Do this for every scenario you can imagine
 Set up User Accounts and experiment with every User Account setting you
can find
 Find somebody that works with Server 2003 and see if you can get some peer
support and advice about situations they encounter in their job roles
On my exam I easily had 8-9 simulations, some of which were the equivalent
of 2 or 3 questions in one.
I am sure that for experienced administrators these would be a cakewalk.
But, since I am an entry level novice administrator like many others who will
take this exam, my experience is limited and made the simulations a bit

Best of luck to all.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: New exam simulations are terrible!
    ... And, since you don't intend to take the exam, I guess you ... >I haven't taken one of the new simulations, ... >> "Certification exams will now feature both traditional ... As a matter of fact, ...
  • Re: New exam simulations are terrible!
    ... comments on the exam and I did e-mail the testing team. ... colleagues also filed complaints with the testing center, ... VUE, and Microsoft. ... >>>I haven't taken one of the new simulations, ...
  • Re: I made it sound worse than it actually is... I apologize
    ... > retract the way I criticized the exam simulations. ... There are bugs in the simulations. ... > colleagues told me that they were able to make some ... > initial criticism. ...
  • Re: PrepLogic Practice Exams
    ... Test Software, but I've only used them for the 70-284. ... but most of my simulations worked (only one didn't ... like the IIS 4.0 exam all over again. ... >> I recently purchased the PrepLogic Practice Exam for 70- ...
  • RE: 70-290 Interactive issues...
    ... because most of my simulations worked correctly. ... I think Microsoft certification is ... >> I took the exam this past Saturday and failed. ... >>> ipconfig, it doesn't work, but then I edit the nic to ...