Re: If you've taken 70-290, were there questions on....

On Fri, 9 May 2008 08:59:51 -0400, "JohnB" <jbrigan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Below is the question from the test. I would say that there is more
involved in subnetting here than "just for context". Seems like this should
be in 70-291 or 70-292.

==================

You are the network administrator for United Sales. The network contains one
parent domain, unitedsales.com, and two child domains, east.unitedsales.com
and west.unitedsales.com. The network contains 1,500 Windows XP Professional
client computers and three Windows Server 2003 computers. A portion of the
network is shown in the exhibit. (Click the Exhibit button.)

DHCP1 provides IP addresses to all client computers on your network. Router1
is configured to forward all BOOTP packets. The scope for Subnet 1 is from
the 136.0.0.0/22 network address range. The scope for Subnet 2 is from the
136.0.4.0/23 network address range. Exclusion ranges have been created
consisting of the first ten addresses in each scope. All IP configurations
are statically assigned to servers.

Your company has decided to implement a file and print server on Subnet 1.
You are responsible for configuring the appropriate static TCP/IP properties
for this new computer. The computer should use the next available IP address
on its subnet. For resolution of unqualified names, the file server should
append the name with the following domain names, in this order:
east.unitedsales.com, west.unitedsales.com, and unitedsales.com.

What should you do?

To answer the question, perform the appropriate actions in the simulation.
(When you are finished, click the Done button.)

Guess it depends on what was required. Did you have to calculate the IP
address? If so then it is not appropriate for 70-270!

  • Re: Cannot browse or open shared printers or server on sbs 2003 from client pc
    ... i think the network problem has taken a different turn. ... meanwhile if i access the mapped drives to the server which we setup in the ... my thought now is what is the update mechanism for the printers from the ... I understand the issue to be: client computers can ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: List of servers in this workgroup is currently not available.
    ... Computer description appears before the computer name in the My Network ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... <recently installed a D-Link print server with a reserved IP. ... <As soon as I uninstalled the print server and rebooted the computers, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Help with 070-217
    ... The network contains 25,000 computers. ... single Windows 2000 domain named research.contoso.com. ... Server computers that are configured as domain controllers. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
  • Re: Help with 070-217