Re: If you've taken 70-290, were there questions on....

"PAJ news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>" wrote:

On Thu, 8 May 2008 19:38:08 -0400, "JohnB" <jbrigan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Subnetting?

I haven't take it yet. But I bought Self Test Software's practice exam CD.
And today while taking a practice test, I got a subnetting question. And
there was NOTHING covered on subnetting in the Microsoft study book that I
bought for 70-290. So I emailed STS and mentioned that it seemed they made
a mistake by including this question. They wrote back and said there ARE
subnetting questions in the live exam. Very strange, it's not in the book
at all.

Are they right?

No, they are wrong.

Skills measured:
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-290.mspx#EXF

What was the question?

I think subnets are mentioned, but only to provide context to the questions.
Subnet designs are in the 293 exam.

  • 70-215 query
    ... I don't think you need to worry too much about ... subnetting on the 70-215 exam. ... and was not asked one question on subnetting. ... >used to run pre-XP SP2. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa)
  • Re: 291 IP Addressing Help
    ... My problem is that I cannot see, understand, the uses for subnetting. ... then I keep on trying to make sense of it all on my home network ... IP addressing and that was my lowest. ... I can go to get extra material to help me study for the exam again by ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa)
  • Re: 291 RAS environememt
    ... I don't think that the RAS is the "CRITICAL" chapter. ... say that you shouldn't study it, but I got Loads of questions ... regarding subnetting, DNS, DHCP. ... Since the exam is generated from a pool of questions, ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa)
  • RE: 70-291+70-293
    ... only on subnetting clear your all other topics. ... definately clear the exam, when i take these exam hardly i get 1 or 2 ... "Definitely not wearing any underwear." ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)