Re: AD, DNS and 2003 help

DNS, LDAP, Kerberos, Global Catalogue Ports

"Consultant" <consultant_mcngp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:uGd0QQWyHHA.5584@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
you also need ldap ports open

"Gregory Gilarowski" <igilarog@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:Og%2388yUyHHA.5024@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Studying for 70-290.

I set up AD and DNS on Server 2003. Opened up port 53 for DNS. Trying to connect some workstations to domain. Workstations cannot connect to domain. IF I disable firewall on Server 2003, then workstations connect to domain fine.

I checked the firewall log and there are a lot of dropped packets on port 137. (I don't know if this is relevant)

What, if any, ports and/or exceptions do I need to open up so my workstations connect and the firewall is up on server?
Do I even need DNS server?

Greg

.