Re: Think I am MCSA now, now what for MCSE?

The real question is should you go for MCSE 2003, or add the Security and/or Messaging specialties to your MCSA?

Security will only take two more exams and Messaging one more.

MCSE will take 4 more exams all focused on design.

IMHO, I'd add security to your MCSA and then work on your MCSE.

--
Garth H
webdev511@xxxxxxxxxxx

  • Advice Much Appreciated.........
    ... MCSA or MCSE and beyond. ... Pursue the EXAMS in this order just as MS lists, ... PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa)
  • Re: Please Forgive Me
    ... Yes its an elective and yes its a security elective. ... Now as for the MCSE assuming you took 298 as your design exam the same two exams you choose for your MCSA:Security will carry over to the MCSE: Security. ... Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA Windows 2003 Server) ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
  • Re: Please Forgive Me
    ... Yes its an elective and yes its a security elective. ... Now as for the MCSE assuming you took 298 as your design exam the same two exams you choose for your MCSA:Security will carry over to the MCSE: Security. ... so in other words you only have to take 2 Security based exam electives, which isn't bad when you consider that is only one more than required for the MCSA or the MCSE. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
  • Re: Where do I start? What is an MCP or MCSA?? Little confused
    ... I think I would probably start working on my MCSA on Server ... Well, first off, most of the exams you pass will get you the MCP ... MCSA and MCSE would be where you would want to start. ... In the 'Certification' section, highlight 'Microsoft Certifications' ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
  • Check Out This Great Site (Revised)
    ... that is sure to be an absolutely fantastic resource for anyone who is ... required for the MCP, MCSA, MCSA: Messaging, MCSA: Security, MCSE, MCSE: ... other exams for an MCSA; that seven exams are required to earn the MCSE ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)