Re: 70-290 sus/wsus?

<< While I was at work, AJR spurted out:
No diff - SUS short for WSUS

Um...where did you learn to read.....SUS= *Software* Update Services, WSUS =
Windows *Server* Update Services

WSUS (previously called Windows Update Services) is the new name for the next
version of Software Update Services (SUS).

Completely different.....WSUS ran on Win2k (w/ SP3 +), WinXP, and WinServ2k3.
SUS is no longer even available for download.

SUS only updated Windows.... WSUS updates almost anything from MS that it can
detect on your system.

--
Bigus Di©kus
MCNGP #00110011

  • Re: Windows update for users?
    ... the slack they got but WSUS is kinda weird. ... called it MUST: Microsoft Update Services Technology. ... SUS is a free ... > There's a white paper for installing SUS on SBS. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SUS updates from WSUS?
    ... Beyond that - I would consider updating to WSUS across the board. ... Description of Software Update Services and Windows Server Update ... Software Update Services (SUS) 1.0 support time is running out. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: how to find out if exams have changed?
    ... SUS has not been available for download (unless of course you find ... WSUS is Windows Server Update Services ... MS will update the 290 exam. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa)
  • Re: 24% of companies have deployed SP2
    ... >> have been using Windows Update services beta version with great success. ... >> Going to install final update service now that its released. ... firewall off with ad policy and now are happy with the rest of sp2. ...
  • Re: [Error number: 0xC80003FA]