Re: exchng 2003 installation problem

The ADC??? Are you doing an upgrade form 5.5??

What do your even logs say?

--
..rev.mct.mcngp.44

accepting it.
~Aristotle
..
"Vikas" <Vikas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I had instaled all the components : smtp , nntp , asp.net , active
directory
,iis , www publishing. it still gives me an error. i think the error is
somewhat related to ADC.
--
Vikas Sood

"The Rev [MCT]" wrote:

Make sure you have run Forest Prep, Domain Prep, as well as the dotNET
Framework, ASP.NET, IIS, World Wide Web Publishing Service, SMTP,
and
NNTP

Good luck on your first exchange install

Here is a free deployment guide:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=77B6D819-C7B3-42D1-8FBB-E6339FFA1ED&displaylang=en

--
..rev.mct.mcngp.44

It is the mark of an educated man to be able to entertain a thought
without
accepting it.
~Aristotle
..
"Vikas" <Vikas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have server 2003 installed and have active directory installed on it.
when
i tried to install exchange server 2003 on server , I followed the
following
procedure ;
i ran setup.exe from i386 folder and then a wizard appeared. i clicked
next.
then it asked for the drive on which to install the exchange. here came
the
problem. the "next" button was disabled.

i want to install the exchange. Can someone tell why this is happening.
--
Vikas Sood

  • Re: Exchange 5.5 and 2003 together yet apart
    ... Create the appropriate connection agreements with your Exchange 5.5 ... Server environment. ... ADC and leverage the ADC Tools wizards. ... > proper way to install Exchange 2003 for my current AD, ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.setup)
  • Re: Application Error
    ... > Exchange 2003. ... ADC complaint some folders are moved. ... my mail admin account didn't have Schema and Enterprise ... to Custom Install for Exchange 2003? ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: Exchange Tasks no longer available in System Manager after fai
    ... For the exchange migration we used exdeploy-followed the steps, removed ADC ... 2000 from our domain controller and added ADC2003 to the new exchange server. ... After the exchange 2003 install, ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: ADC Replication Problems
    ... "The Exchange 5.5 directory still contains ... I am using the ADC from sp1, ... am being held up b/c the Exch2k3 install warns me that everything hasnt been ... >> AD. Replication in AD probably didnt complete before i installed the ADC. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.setup)
  • Re: Trying to install Exchange2003 Snapins on XP SP2
    ... Mark ... >> administrative tools folder. ... when I try to install the Exchange 2003 System Management Tools ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)