Re: Whats in a Name? using MCP ???

In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, Briscobar spewed across the ether:

> It's all personal preference. My newsgroup persona aside, I'm actually
> rather humble, and although my certs aren't extensive (I quit on the
> MCSE halfway through), I don't even bother to list them in any
> correspondence I have, other than my resume. Frankly, I feel it's
> rather pretentious, but to each his (or her) own. However, what seems
> to be the most common is what Neil suggested. Don't use all your
> certs, but rather the most important one and maybe one or two others.

Recent studies by the non-partisan Group for Useless Information have shown
that it's all about ostentation. One cannot have too many letters after
one's name. HR droids can't read, but they can add. If I have 22 letters
after my name I'll get a better job than a guy with only 19!

--
JaR
MCP, MCSA, A+, Net+, MCNGP, Sgt.11D30,USA(Ret), BA, BS, 98 Buick, CSA,

  • Re: Whats in a Name? using MCP ???
    ... >> It's all personal preference. ... >> actually rather humble, and although my certs aren't extensive (I ... >> your certs, but rather the most important one and maybe one or two ... > letters after one's name. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa)
  • Re: public key vs passwd authentication?
    ... > analogous to letters of credit; ... a letter of credit, the issuing bank has a liability. ... "included by reference" CPAs in most certs that are "trusted" ... Knowing that this really is *my* public key is of limited value in se. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)