Re: Question on stubs zones.

From: S Kaliyan (as_kalyan_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 03/26/05

Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 23:16:13 -0800

hi

I am planing to take 70-290 exam, Please suggest be good
book.

Rgd

S Kaliyan
MCP 70-210

understanding
>> Stub zones are zones that are delegated to be
authoritative of that
>> zone. The master dns server keep a stub of the zone so
they could refer
>> the dns lookup to that zone, so if you look on the
master dns's stub
>> zone for that zone you will see the following records:
SOA, NS, and a
>> number of A records. If any changes to the zone, the
master dns is
>> notified and the stub records is updated. In Win2k3 the
icon for the
>> stub zone is the folder with a list that's grayed out
(I might be
>> wrong, check on this). Hope this help
>>
>> nguyenpv
>> MCP 70-210, 70-290
>>
>Thanks for the reply
>
>Someguy

  • Re: Fwd Lookup Zone Design
    ... if the current design doesn't have an affect on the dns ... resolve this on the dns server and prefer to keep ... what would I name the stub? ... It is a server for THAT zone Conditional Forwarding also ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)
  • Re: DNS Issues during Migration
    ... to create a secondary zone and do a zone transfer? ... Can you do a Stub on W2K3 and combine it with the Secondary Zone on a W2K? ... it isn't needed and it can well cause problems since it overrides DNS lookup. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)
  • Re: Question on stubs zones.
    ... nguyenpv wrote: ... The master dns server keep a stub of the zone so they could refer ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa)
  • Re: DNS zone
    ... runing Server 2003 and the other Server 2000. ... I have setup a Stub ... zone in the Server 2003 DNS to access resources on the 2000 domain. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.dns)
  • Re: Cannot create STUB zone
    ... You cannot add another zone for the same zone ... A Stub zone plays roughly the same role as a Secondary ... Maybe i try to discribe the situation on our> server right now. ... In de DNS console there is a primary zone called kantoor.local. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)