Re: DNS zones

From: nguyenpv (nguyenpv1980_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 03/24/05

    Date: 24 Mar 2005 10:03:22 -0800

    if it's in the secondary zone, DNS_A shouldn't have to contact the
    server that hosts the matching primary zone. It should've been able to
    answer ClientA request (assuming the zone are transfered from the
    Master to DNS_A). However, if it's not in it's zone the DNS_A will
    forward the request to the primary server and if that doesn't work and
    DNS is configured in non-exclusive mode, it will go out to the root
    hint and look for it.

    Correct me if I'm wrong.

    Thanks,
    Pete
    James wrote:
    > Question
    >
    > Say you have ClientA, with IP 1.1.1.1 and its DNS server (DNS_A) with
    IP
    > 1.1.1.2, ClientA makes a request to DNS_A, DNS_A has the info listed
    in a
    > secondary zone, does DNS_A or ClientA go and contact the server that
    hosts
    > the matching primary zone for the secondary zone on DNS_A
    >
    > Thanks

    • Re: RWW not connecting to desktop BOSS
      ... Open DHCP server, right click the server's FQDN and select Properties. ... Navigate to DNS tab. ... To configure the zone to permit dynamic updates, ... click Non-secure and secure in the Dynamic updates ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • RE: exchange server cannot mount mailbox store
      ... What's the exact detailed DNS Events ... Type desired internal IP address of your SBS server. ... it will delete the reverse lookup zone if the zone no longer ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Simple DNS For Private LAN -- SOLVED
      ... I used your examples and the "view" statement mentioned my Mathew Seaman to build a BIND 9 DNS server that is authoritative for mykitchentable.net. ... a local "master zone" visible only to my private LAN as you describe ... internal home network. ... which points to the root DNS servers. ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: DNS Redesign Issue
      ... -Using DNS console you can right-click the zone and export to a File, ... -To export a Zone and import that Zone in another DNS Server you need to use ... Create a child zone dallas on the DNS server in the child domain ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)
    • Re: Event 4515 :another copy of zone has been found
      ... running on the old 2000 server. ... I then installed DNS on ... I seem to remember hearing that if you just delete/remove the zone it ... Container), the Configuration Partition, and the Schema Partition. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)