Preparing for core exams

From: Rumbledor (Rumbledor_at_hotspamsuxmail.com)
Date: 03/23/05

Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 16:30:50 GMT

I've been a FoxPro and VB developer for some 7 or 8 years now with some
good SQL Server experience over the last few years as well. I have decided
to go for a MCSA and possibly MCDBA later.

That vast majority of my networking experience has been with Microsoft
products, so I am familiar with the basic concepts. I have installed
Windows 2000 server at home, for instance, on seperate occasions as both a
member server as well as a domain controller.

I have begun my formal studying with Mark Minasi's, Mastering Windows
Server 2003, and was wondering what other books/materials anyone else might
suggest? I am considering also the Microsoft Windows Server 2003
Administrator's Companion, but that would be an awful lot of additional
reading, much of which is undoubtedly covered in Minasi's book.

Then there is also the official curriculum series from Microsoft. That just
seemed very dry to me, so I wasn't sure how helpful it might be.

Any advice would be appreciated.

--
Rumble
                                       -- Benjamin Franklin

Relevant Pages

  • SecurityFocus Microsoft Newsletter #49
    ... Subject: SecurityFocus Microsoft Newsletter #49 ... Microsoft Windows NNTP Denial of Service Vulnerability ... Microsoft IIS SSI Buffer Overrun Privelege Elevation Vulnerability ... Microsoft ISA Server H.323 Memory Leak Denial of Service... ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • SecurityFocus Microsoft Newsletter #154
    ... MICROSOFT VULNERABILITY SUMMARY ... ISS RealSecure Server Sensor SSL Denial Of Service Vulnerabi... ... Roger Wilco Remote Server Side Buffer Overrun Vulnerability ... available for Microsoft Windows operating systems. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • SecurityFocus Microsoft Newsletter #77
    ... MICROSOFT VULNERABILITY SUMMARY ... Novell GroupWise Web Root Disclosure Vulnerability ... Microsoft Windows NT Security Policy Bypass Vulnerability ... CVS Server Global Variable Denial Of Service Vulnerability ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: after installing KB011829 OWA is not working anymore
    ... Windows Vista or IE 7.0 no longer includes support for the ActiveX control ... The resolution for this issue is to install hotfix KB 911829. ... and to the back-end server. ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
  • SecurityFocus Microsoft Newsletter #153
    ... MICROSOFT VULNERABILITY SUMMARY ... ZoneAlarm Random UDP Flood Denial Of Service Vulnerability ... FloosieTek FTGatePro Mail Server Path Disclosure Vulnerabili... ... Microsoft Windows NetBIOS Name Service Reply Information Lea... ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)