Preparing for core exams

From: Rumbledor (Rumbledor_at_hotspamsuxmail.com)
Date: 03/23/05

Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 16:30:50 GMT

I've been a FoxPro and VB developer for some 7 or 8 years now with some
good SQL Server experience over the last few years as well. I have decided
to go for a MCSA and possibly MCDBA later.

That vast majority of my networking experience has been with Microsoft
products, so I am familiar with the basic concepts. I have installed
Windows 2000 server at home, for instance, on seperate occasions as both a
member server as well as a domain controller.

I have begun my formal studying with Mark Minasi's, Mastering Windows
Server 2003, and was wondering what other books/materials anyone else might
suggest? I am considering also the Microsoft Windows Server 2003
Administrator's Companion, but that would be an awful lot of additional
reading, much of which is undoubtedly covered in Minasi's book.

Then there is also the official curriculum series from Microsoft. That just
seemed very dry to me, so I wasn't sure how helpful it might be.

Any advice would be appreciated.

--
Rumble
                                       -- Benjamin Franklin