RE: MCSA

From: Tom (Irishguy) ((Irishguy)_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 03/22/05

Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 07:19:02 -0800

"Rene'" wrote:

> Hey there guys.
> I am a newly educated MCSA which is
> starting to look for a job here in the United
> States. I know that I am fresh to the game and
> need to figure out what kind of jobs to look for
> and appreciate every hint I can get it doing so.
> Thanks!!!
> First off...welcome to the USA!!!
Secondly...try posting your resume on Monster.Com and a few of the other
MAJOR job boards.
Also...if you can do this....volunteer, or "intern" somewhere using your IT
skills. Potential employers like to see BOTH a sense of community
involvement AS WELL AS some hard earned, real-world experience using your IT
skills.
As I'm certain you know the IT market here in the States id depressed...but
, suppossedly on the upswing.
Best of luck...try those job boards AND show off your IT skills wherever you
can. The key is to "network".
Welcome to the USA!!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Entry Level Embedded Software Engineer
    ... Another useful technique is to search the appropriate job boards (monster, ... hotjobs etc) for certain keywords. ... indication of the skills currently being sought. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Another indication of Britains dumbed-down society
    ... to practise their skills. ... IMHO the problem may not be so much that we are too illiterate to talk ... community because everyone has to work now. ... Another thing about illiteracy is that there was a great stigma ...
    (uk.politics.misc)
  • Re: Another indication of Britains dumbed-down society
    ... But with reading comes speaking; ... to practise their skills. ... IMHO the problem may not be so much that we are too illiterate to talk ... community because everyone has to work now. ...
    (uk.politics.misc)
  • Re: Auto Resize
    ... i can do some simple programing but i am looking to improve my ... skills and this community seems to me to be the best way, ... > And you're having troubles with? ...
    (microsoft.public.vb.controls)
  • Re: Woman in care 70 years - wrongly
    ... days when this poor lady was put in the place for something she didn't ... She wouldn't need the skills to ... look after herself in order to be released to 'care in the community', ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)