Osborne textbooks - exam 70-290

From: Chris (margalong_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 03/18/05

Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 09:59:59 +1100

Hi there,

I am currently studying through the McGraw-Hill / Osborne series of books
(written by Anil Desai) for exam 70-290, and was wondering if anyone had any
feedback as to how accurate and thorough the subject matter covered helps
pass the exam. They were published in 2003 and after recently logging into
the Microsoft Newsgroup, I find that the exam format is going to become more
'hands on'. I have installed VM software and will work through the practical
exercises in the book to gain more of a 'hands on' approach. Will this be
enough?

Chris

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Question on which books to study with?
    ... I have found the Microsoft Curriculum excellent for the test objectives, and you may have luch there. ... Using the books to study the material where I was weak. ... > about shadow copies and dymanic disks, which may not even be on the> exam. ... >>> I've read bad opinions about the microsoft self paced training kit ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
  • Re: Classroom vs Self Study
    ... your home lab. ... Most of the exam books have work along labs. ... excellent job of teaching you Windows 2003. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
  • Re: Good book for 70-300
    ... should read them after completing Main books, ... exam as they contain important points/topics in a condensed manner. ... Right now I'm reading Enterprise Development with Visual Studio .NET, UML, ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd)
  • Re: Just passed 70-320 - and here is my feedback
    ... i previously took the c# web apps one, ... the books and not doing any practical devleopment work .. ... my method for passing this exam was ... and didnt have a proper strategy first time through) ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad)
  • Re: theoretical PPL material
    ... >>I'm looking to get the PPL coursework. ... What is the cheapest I can get>>it for, or is anybody trying to get rid of second hand? ... > The Trevor Thom books are probably the standard thing to get; the CAA> exam material uses terminology which is based on the way these books> are written - or vice versa; it doesn't really matter but a lot of the> stuff is playing with words so you need the "right" study material. ...
    (uk.rec.aviation)