Re: Failed 70-290

From: molsonexpert (imdrunk_at_work.ca)
Date: 03/18/05

Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 09:15:02 -0500

"Tippy" <tippyg@weirdevolution.com> wrote in message
news:067e01c52b74$f3916540$a501280a@phx.gbl...
> I failed the 70-290 exam last Wednesday and was really
> bummed about it. I was supremely confident on this exam,
> not like the 70-270 exam which I was a nervous wreck, but
> passed quite easily.
>
> After getting home frustrated and depressed I looked around
> on the net, particulary Microsoft and started to feel a
> little better about myself after reading all the posts
> relating to failed 70-290 exams on here.
>
> I have been using the MOC for this exam and to my disgust
> there is no mention of Therminal Services or IIS in the
> book, yet the exam had at least 8 questions relating to
> both these topics (that represents 200 points out of 1000).
> I guess I was a little nieve thinking the Microsoft
> curriculum would have everything I needed and I wouldn't
> need to do any more than that and some practise tests.
>
> Ayway, I was hoping someone would have a similar situation
> and could help me out with some resources on TS and IIS. I
> have spent half the day on Technet and MSDN but there is no
> simple "read this to know everything" section :-)
>
> Cheers and sympath to the people in the same lonely
> position as me.
>
> Tippy.

Although you have my sympathy, I'm thinking you didn't bother reading the
Skills Being Measured matrix for 70-290 on the MS web site. It clearly
includes TS and IIS, and even stresses supplementary material is required
for these two subjects - in other words, they aren't included in the
official Microsoft curriculum.

steve.