Failed 70-290

From: Tippy (tippyg_at_weirdevolution.com)
Date: 03/18/05

Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 20:42:55 -0800

I failed the 70-290 exam last Wednesday and was really
bummed about it. I was supremely confident on this exam,
not like the 70-270 exam which I was a nervous wreck, but
passed quite easily.

After getting home frustrated and depressed I looked around
on the net, particulary Microsoft and started to feel a
little better about myself after reading all the posts
relating to failed 70-290 exams on here.

I have been using the MOC for this exam and to my disgust
there is no mention of Therminal Services or IIS in the
book, yet the exam had at least 8 questions relating to
both these topics (that represents 200 points out of 1000).
I guess I was a little nieve thinking the Microsoft
curriculum would have everything I needed and I wouldn't
need to do any more than that and some practise tests.

Ayway, I was hoping someone would have a similar situation
and could help me out with some resources on TS and IIS. I
have spent half the day on Technet and MSDN but there is no
simple "read this to know everything" section :-)

Cheers and sympath to the people in the same lonely
position as me.

Tippy.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Exam 70-290
    ... To quote the Microsoft Preparation Guide for 70-290 ... This is why you should always read Microsoft's preparation guide before ... taking an exam. ... on 70-290 does not cover IIS. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
  • Re: Failed 70-290
    ... I was supremely confident on this exam, ... yet the exam had at least 8 questions relating to ... > and could help me out with some resources on TS and IIS. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa)
  • RE: 70-290: - IIS Questions
    ... I also took the exam about the period as u, how do u find the exam? ... true that there are only a few questions on IIS questions. ... server or not creating a virtual directory, or not creating a virtual web ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa)
  • Passed 70-292
    ... 10 on IIS and TS and a few on groups and of course the VBS ... scripts which I was ready for ... This exam had defintely challenged me. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa)
  • Re: Failed 70-290
    ... I was supremely confident on this exam, ... > I guess I was a little nieve thinking the Microsoft ... > and could help me out with some resources on TS and IIS. ... > Cheers and sympath to the people in the same lonely ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa)