Going Forward

From: Petrello (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 03/14/05

Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 14:45:56 -0800

Just passed both 70-271 and 70-272 MCDST and would like to
know is would taking the MCSA be going backwards? Or
should I be taking the MCSE next?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Does my MCDST cert. qualify for an MCSE elective?
    ... Firstly you should realize that being an MCDST qualifies more under administration than under the other. ... However since it does count as an elective to MCSA, ... I just passed my MCDST and I'm wondering if that will qualify for any exams for the MCSE. ... Does anyone know if the MCSA on Windows Server 2003 may be substituted as an elective on MCSE? ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
  • Re: MCDST vs MCSE
    ... other network systems, hence MCSA 2000. ... The MCDST does not primarily focus ... > but not in MCSE on Windows 2003.. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
  • So whats up with MCDST elective
    ... So, MCDST is acceptable as an elective for MCSA, but not for MCSE. ... I understand that MS feels that an MCSA might be expected to pull MCDST ... However, in medium to large shops, the same holds true ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
  • RE: MCDST vs MCSE
    ... MCDST is NOT an elective for MSCA. ... Next is MCSA, then MCSE. ... MCDST is an elective exam for MCSA on windows 2003. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
  • Re: MCDST vs MCSE
    ... The MCDST which requires 2 exams can be ... Next is MCSA, then MCSE. ... MCDST is an elective exam for MCSA on windows 2003. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)