Re: A question about variables!

blastingfonda_at_gmail.com
Date: 03/05/05

    Date: 5 Mar 2005 09:33:29 -0800

    SET is a command line tool for setting the user and system environment
    variables. Most of those same variables can be accessed through the GUI
    via the System Propeteries > Advanced tab > Environment Variables
    button.

    A variable is a container that contains a bit of information. For
    example, the TMP and TEMP variables contain a path pointed to where
    your temp directory is located. If you SET those to C:\Temp and create
    a directory named Temp on the root of your C: drive, Windows will store
    your temp files there instead of in your user profile folder.

    Hope that helps...

    • Re: Expand %systemroot% for system variables
      ... msgbox oShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings) ... > use ExpandEnvironmentStrings("%temp%) it gives me the PROCESS temp for the ... >> Ray at work ...
      (microsoft.public.scripting.wsh)
    • Re: Expand %systemroot% for system variables
      ... msgbox oShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings) ... > ExpandEnvironmentStrings("%temp%) it gives me the PROCESS temp for the ... >> Ray at work ...
      (microsoft.public.scripting.wsh)
    • Re: Expand %systemroot% for system variables
      ... msgbox oShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings) ... > How would I get the SYSTEM environment for TEMP? ... >> Ray at work ...
      (microsoft.public.scripting.wsh)
    • Re: Problem with Steve McMahans cRegistry class
      ... Don't you want to delete the ValueName "LogMeIn GUI"? ... Failed to delete registry Key: '-2147483646',Section: ... Dim Temp As String ...
    • Re: Calling a script from a GUI
      ... the current directory or on MATLAB's path when the GUI runs)? ... you are you trying to use the name to run the script (are you ... For example, I've set temp = ... Error while evaluating uicontrol Callback. ...
      (comp.soft-sys.matlab)