Exam 70-292

From: Grasshopper (grasshopper_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 03/03/05

Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 15:36:03 +1100

I like others out there took exam 70-292 today and FAILED with a score of
500 ! It's the first exam I have ever failed !

I got through the first 30 or so questions with out too much drama although
the last 10 were a killer.

I suggest you know the following topics backwards

* IIS Troubleshooting

* DNS - All of it, Stub zones, conditional forwarders, zone transfers,
everything. (I believe this goes beyond the scope of the exam on some
questions)

* Terminal Services ( I also believe this exam goes beyond the scope of the
exam with TS. I was getting questions on configuring server farms etc which
I would have thought is more for the 70-296 exam)

* Security Templates & GPOs. Know what effect different built-in templates
have on such clients as 98,ME & NT

You need to know MSUS & MBSA but I find them piss easy.

I used the Sybex book for this exam and found it OK, though I really think
you need the hands on experience which I thought I could pass this one
without really touching my server. I will be playing on it over the weekend
to concentrate on those areas I have just mentioned.

Also, thankfully, Microsoft is offering a free 2nd shot on exams until May
31st, 2005. This means I get to resit the exam for free ! Check out the
details at www.microsoft.com/learning

Hope this helps. Good Luck all.

Grasshopper
MCSE NT/2000, MCSA 2000

Relevant Pages

  • Re: 70-228 Exam
    ... If that was the first exam you've done, one thing to remember is that with ... most MCP exams they tend to have far more information at the beginning of ... > revise for the exam. ... if i dont know what questions i ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.mcdba)
  • Im a MCAD Now
    ... Been coding for almost ten years - back in the VB 3 and SQL ... Pretty much self-taught - never had taken an MS exam before. ... First exam: 70-305. ... wish me luck in the job search. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad)
  • 70-290 rant
    ... Being my first MCP, the first exam I was going to write ... Having two strong areas in the first exam, ... Thanks for reading guys and gals. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa)
  • Re: 70-292 & 70-296 Woes
    ... >could take the exam witrhout the exam freezing up between questions ... >(with the other bars at 75% or more). ... >the first exam results. ... >The second time was almost entirely Terminal Services/RDP questions, ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
  • Re: 70-292 & 70-296 Woes
    ... Did you have equipment problems during the exam? ... (with the other bars at 75% or more). ... the first exam results. ... The second time was almost entirely Terminal Services/RDP questions, ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)