Re: RIS

From: Michael (blah_at_blah.com)
Date: 11/13/04

    Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 02:19:56 +1100

    How would you normally do it? (in the real world) Do people acutually use
    RIS in the real world?

    I wasn't actually going to use a laptop but I don't know why a PC would be
    any quicker.

    > If you planning on RIS vie wireless good luck. It'll
    > take the better part of a day to get the image to the
    > laptop.

    • How does RIS know which image to download?
      ... I have a test environment of one desktop and one laptop, plus the RIS ... started both up simultaneously to download the new image to ensure ... would that have different results on these two machines? ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.setup_deployment)
    • Offering different RIS images & numbering to specified groups
      ... The issue I need to address is that I want laptop machines in our ... Can I achieve this simply by creating a second RIS server with the ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.setup_deployment)
    • Re: How does RIS know which image to download?
      ... Some images may not be available when you choose a RIS image. ... caused by file permissions on the *.sif file in each image or becasue the ... I greatly prefer to use custom setup and file permissions on the sif files ... > I have a test environment of one desktop and one laptop, ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.setup_deployment)
    • RIS Question
      ... I have a windows 2003 server std edition running RIS ... Once I apply an image to a machine, the GUID always wants ... I change the hard drive out into another laptop. ... this and have it auto grap it like usual? ...
    • Re: RIS Install fails
      ... and placed this on my RIS Server. ... I can sucessfully connect to the RIS ... but it only recommends installing the latest service pack and installing ... another graphics card which isn't an option on a laptop. ...