Re: XP Pro Service Pack 2

From: Andreas Mavrogenis (AndreasMavrogenis_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 11/09/04

Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 05:50:03 -0800

Please try to unjoin the domain and rejoin it. After you do that, do a domain
replication within your organization if applicable.

"ME" wrote:

> or "reinstall the OS" outsourced Dell tech support used to say when called.
>
> "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Try uninstalling the Service Pack.
> >
> > I have had no problems with XP SP2
> >
> > "stryder" wrote:
> >
> >> Does anyone know a lot about SR2 for WinXP Pro? After implementing this
> >> on
> >> some system both standalone and joined to a domain I started having a lot
> >> of
> >> headaches and problems. I could no longer get any properties from My
> >> Network
> >> Places and could not get the properties of the Local Area Connection. I
> >> also
> >> was dennied access to certain snapins and/or tools such as Disk Managment
> >> and
> >> others (even with my admin account). Another problem was not being able
> >> run any sort of search for files or folders on the systems. I turned off
> >> the
> >> implemented firewall and still had all these problems. Does anyone have
> >> any
> >> suggestions and/or ideas?
> >>
> >> Thanks

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Only 1 computer denied access to DC
    ... Unjoin and rejoin creates a new sid which forces a reset. ... d:\i386\adminpak.msi (Server tools for remote management of servers) ...
  • Re: Restored from image Cant find DC
    ... Unjoin and rejoin have no influence on the software/data on the computer, ... Check that the ipconfiguration to the domain is correct, try to ping the server via ip address and servername. ... "Meinolf Weber" wrote: ...
  • Re: Rejoin the domain after a Disaster recovery test
    ... If you reconnect the dc to the domain, replication will commence. ... "Brett Lawton" wrote in message ... > We currently have a our file server/DC and Exchange 2000 server which are ... Now I want to rejoin> the existing domain but am a little reluctant to due to the changes made. ...
  • Re: Trust issues
    ... Unjoin the computer from the domain and rejoin it. ... rejoin but you do need to reboot after the rejoin. ... I have tried resetting the computer account on the server and I have tried ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Adding 2K3 member server to a 2K domain
    ... if you look up those errors it says to unjoin and rejoin the domain... ... --AOPC Network Tech ... Prev by Date: ...