RE: XP Pro Service Pack 2

From: Chris (Chris_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 11/01/04

Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 07:47:03 -0800

Try uninstalling the Service Pack.

I have had no problems with XP SP2

"stryder" wrote:

> Does anyone know a lot about SR2 for WinXP Pro? After implementing this on
> some system both standalone and joined to a domain I started having a lot of
> headaches and problems. I could no longer get any properties from My Network
> Places and could not get the properties of the Local Area Connection. I also
> was dennied access to certain snapins and/or tools such as Disk Managment and
> others (even with my admin account). Another problem was not being able to
> run any sort of search for files or folders on the systems. I turned off the
> implemented firewall and still had all these problems. Does anyone have any
> suggestions and/or ideas?
>
> Thanks

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Removing SP2
    ... Windows XP SP2 Misconception ... When XP's Service Pack 2 comes out, don't let these foolish news articles ... >> Some programs seem to stop working after you install WinXP SP2 ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: WinXP Home SP1 question
    ... I'm running WinXP Home Service Pack 1 here on 3 machines, all of which go through a D-Link ... I have read that it's a good Idea to run a software firewall as well as the NAT ... SP2 even killed some MS ... I want to install more of MS's screwups and security holes. ...
  • Re: Corrupt IE before and after XP SP2
    ... Installing Windows XP SP2 - And What Comes Next ... What to Know Before You Download and Install Windows XP Service Pack 2 ... Are You Ready for WinXP SP2? ...
  • Re: Windows File Protection SFC wants nonexistant file
    ... Can't open input file: d:\i386\s3legacy.dl_. ... I Googled "s3legacy.dll" and believe it is a file used by Windows XP ... it anywhere on my slipstreamed XPSP2 CD nor is it on the service pack 2 ... Do you have a CD with the SP2 executable or a CD with WinXP and SP2 ...
  • Re: Life and death (XP sp2)
    ... Changes to the functionality of Windows XP with the introduction os XP SP2 ... are intentional and are outlined in the "Windows XP Service Pack 2 Training ... well on XP SP2 and enable developers to take full advantage of the security ...