XP or 2000

From: Steve (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 07/28/04

Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 10:28:11 -0700

There really isn't much different between win2k and
winXP. Most companies have to to winXP so you might be
better off getting XP.
Just my opinion......

and
>should I take the XP exam instead?

  • XP or 2000
    ... I'm about to start preparing for the MCSA and for starts ... I'm going to take the OS exam. ... with Win2K, but will this exam be on its way out soon and ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa)
  • Re: How do I solve this boot.ini problem with WinXP?
    ... there's some good news - I've managed to get WinXP to ... or the boot will fail. ... I've ended up right now with old-version ntldr/ntdetect files in Win2k, ... or Multiple Hard Disk only one can be set as a "Active Partition". ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: Windows 7
    ... users of win2k were so pitifully few that their highly accurate ... but some of us also welcomed it for its improved security ... security improvements in winXP weren't also applied to win2k via the SP4 ... accept that Windows is "pointless". ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)
  • Re: Starting WinXP Pro & Taskbar Problems
    ... Due to some reasons, Win2K Pro got corrupted ... You can attempt to repair this file by starting Windows Setup using the ... I could repair Win2K successfully but when I tried to start WinXP Pro, ... So what I did is I uninstalled IE7.0 using the Add/Remove Programs GUI. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: How do I solve this boot.ini problem with WinXP?
    ... If you have already Win2K installed then you easily install WinXP on a Logical Drive. ... You can use XOSL kind of program to boot between different Primary Partitions. ... The main function of XOSL is to detect different OS from different partitions and make a partition active when you use a different Primary Partition to boot from. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)