RE: MCSA and MCSE overlap

From: Bobby (Bobby_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 07/13/04

    Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 17:39:03 -0700

    Hi anonymous,

    My understanding from Bruce's question is if he passes exams that are in both MCSA and MCSE track, does he need to take it twice or just once. My understanding is he doesn't need to retake the exams that he has accumulated for MCSA when he pursues his MCSE certification.

    For example, if he passes 70-270 as the client exam for MCSA, he doesn't need to take another client exam to qualify for MCSE as his 70-270 can be reuse for his MCSE certification. The same applies to network exams and the electives as well.

    Therefore for MCSA, Bruce would need to pass a client exam, 2 network exams and an elective exam. If he wants to move on to MCSE, he would need to take 2 more network exams and one design exam. This will be sufficient if the elective that he passes for MCSA is also in MCSE.

    Hope this helps.

    Bobby