RE: MCSA and MCSE overlap

From: Bobby (Bobby_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 07/13/04

    Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 17:39:03 -0700

    Hi anonymous,

    My understanding from Bruce's question is if he passes exams that are in both MCSA and MCSE track, does he need to take it twice or just once. My understanding is he doesn't need to retake the exams that he has accumulated for MCSA when he pursues his MCSE certification.

    For example, if he passes 70-270 as the client exam for MCSA, he doesn't need to take another client exam to qualify for MCSE as his 70-270 can be reuse for his MCSE certification. The same applies to network exams and the electives as well.

    Therefore for MCSA, Bruce would need to pass a client exam, 2 network exams and an elective exam. If he wants to move on to MCSE, he would need to take 2 more network exams and one design exam. This will be sufficient if the elective that he passes for MCSA is also in MCSE.

    Hope this helps.

    Bobby

    "anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" wrote:
    > no it dosent, what are you talking bout, that was totaly
    > off topic

    • Advice Much Appreciated.........
      ... MCSA or MCSE and beyond. ... Pursue the EXAMS in this order just as MS lists, ... PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE ...
      (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa)
    • Re: Where do I start? What is an MCP or MCSA?? Little confused
      ... I think I would probably start working on my MCSA on Server ... Well, first off, most of the exams you pass will get you the MCP ... MCSA and MCSE would be where you would want to start. ... In the 'Certification' section, highlight 'Microsoft Certifications' ...
      (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
    • Re: MCSA on 2000, Upgrade Path to MCSE 2003?
      ... Microsoft will not retire the MCSE and MCSA certifications. ... In order to obtain your MCSE on Windows Server 2003 you will need to pass a Microsoft design exam, such as 70-297, 70-298, or 70-299. ... for W2000 exams and upgrade exams). ...
      (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
    • Check Out This Great Site (Revised)
      ... that is sure to be an absolutely fantastic resource for anyone who is ... required for the MCP, MCSA, MCSA: Messaging, MCSA: Security, MCSE, MCSE: ... other exams for an MCSA; that seven exams are required to earn the MCSE ...
      (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
    • Re: Where do I start? What is an MCP or MCSA?? Little confused
      ... MCSA 2003 would be a good intermediary goal to work toward. ... Now, once you've earned your MCSA, I believe you'll only need 3 more exams before you're an MCSE. ... In the 'Certification' section, highlight 'Microsoft Certifications' ...
      (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)