Re: Tips

From: Jaime (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 05/25/04

Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 20:30:38 -0700

Thanks for all the tips guys. I already set up a lab at
home with three networked comps, 2 WS03, and one WinxpPro.
and ill check out Transcender. Thanks
Jaime
>$f27d2780$a401280a@phx.gbl:
>
>> The tests are difficult so I don't think your idea of
>> passing a test each week is realistic. You really need
>> hands on experience and time to absorb the material.
>> Transcender is great - you need practice answering hard
>> questions. Make a test lab if you can and DO
everything.
>> This stuff is not like high school where you memorize
>> facts and then spit them back on tests.
>
>agreed. use the product. buy vmware and run multiple
machines in one
>machine. build a network in a box. practice everything....
>
>--
>Neil MCNGP #30

  • Re: Lab OS Choices
    ... Is there a benefit to performing pen tests on physical machines vs ... somewhere...then you lab can grow. ... I think I'd start with an unpatched Windows 2000 server. ... wipe the drives before you mess with 'em. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: Lab OS Choices
    ... I've found a few tests that worked against virtual machines but did not ... I also have some routers in my lab. ... to the client how to make their network more secure. ... I think I'd start with an unpatched Windows 2000 server. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Lab OS Choices
    ... physical machines, ... somewhere...then you lab can grow. ... I think I'd start with an unpatched Windows 2000 server. ... wipe the drives before you mess with 'em. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Irresponsible user stories!
    ... know how to set up a lab properly in a college ... Those machines shouldn't be capable of booting from outside media, ... been happening in college computer labs for decades. ... Are you even able to do that with Windows? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Antispyware and Solaris
    ... this only works on Windows machines. ... I had a friend named Jeff who worked as a lab assistant in ... Part of Jeff's job was to ensure nobody left clutter on the hard drives ... It wasn't meant to find a virus. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)