Re: Over My Head?

From: Neil (neilmcse_at_nospamforyou.com)
Date: 05/13/04

Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 12:18:06 -0700

"Seth" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in
news:#XhdW7AOEHA.540@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl:

<snipinsomestuff>

> My question is, is a self study, own paced via skillsoft.com MCSA
> certification out of the question?

the real way you will learn is thru self study. you can sit in class all
you want and spend a gabillion dollars on it and unless you actually get
your hands on and work with the product, you're hosed on the exam. I
think there are problems with self study in the sense of there is no one
to ask questions of when you are stuck on a topic, but they can be
overcome. Buy some good books (JaR's recommendation of sybex is an
excellent choice) and get crackin'. don't limit yourself to what's in the
books though. have a look at the "skills being measured" section for the
exam (at teh www.microsoft.com/learning) and learn every last
detail.vmware, eval copies of the server, a couple of computers and away
you go...

> Dedication is not a problem
<moresnipin>

this is what you will need Adam if you want to pass the exams. With or
without self study.

--
Neil MCNGP #30

  • Re: MCSE 2003 from home
    ... Sorry, I meant to say NOT looking for cheat sheets, wanting to do it ... > this using the self study method. ... >> In order to achieve MCSE 2003 certification and using self study method ... >> could you please recommend on books required also the number of systems ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
  • First post - intro - Questions about the nature of MCSE/Study
    ... damn server 2003 book rings a bell ... Examination: Yup - how to ace that exam - or pass it on a really off ... Is self study what 90% of people paying their own way do? ... Where can I see outlines of the course materials? ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
  • Re: Over My Head?
    ... theres no time limit, I ... > the real way you will learn is thru self study. ... > your hands on and work with the product, you're hosed on the exam. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa)
  • Re: LPI and NOVELL Certification
    ... I understand also gets me a Novell certification as well. ... Can anyone recommend some good self study guides? ... performance based exam"Practical Lab Exam", ... I am certified LPI level 1 since FEB 2005. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Over My Head?
    ... >> My question is, is a self study, own paced via skillsoft.com MCSA ... >> certification out of the question? ... > the real way you will learn is thru self study. ... > your hands on and work with the product, you're hosed on the exam. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa)