Passed 70-215 - concern over passing score

From: Iain Foulds (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 05/07/04

    Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 10:28:06 -0700

    Hi all. Passed 70-215 this afternoon, though am a bit
    confused over the passing score, as was the lady at the
    test centre.
    I was under the impression that although the exams were
    geared towards the answers you provide in someway, the
    passing score required for all exams had been set at 700.
    This is what it has been for the other's I have done. Also,
    the guy that left as I went in to the exam had just done
    70-215 and needed 700 to pass. When I finished the exam and
    said I had passed, it stated I had only need 580 to pass.
    I'm a bit concerned that even though I scored over 700, how
    the passing score required could be so low.
    Could the questions have been geared towards the more
    difficult (they certainly didn't seem straight-forward and
    I thought I was pretty well prepared for it...) and so the
    required passing score was low? Could there have been a
    problem with the exam I sat and whom should I raise it with
    if there is...?
    Any suggestions would be appreciated

    • Re: Passed 70-270
      ... but what is the passing score for this ... >> higher if you compare 'used' copies from Amazon. ... >the real-world is not relevant to the exam. ... >"If man could be crossed with the cat, ...
      (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
    • Re: 70-290, properly answering access permission questions
      ... You basically assume the closer your score is to a passing score, ... > I am preparing for this exam at the moment. ... >>explicitely deny write permissions when a person is only ... >>a file or folder, or should you just leave it blank and ...
      (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
    • Re: Exam 70-215 experience
      ... I think there are about 50 questions for this exam & about 2hrs to complete ... You don't find out a score, so knowing the passing score is irrelevant. ... - No paper, pencil, calculator or phone! ... > Do you get paper and pencil to work on? ...
      (microsoft.public.cert.mcdba)
    • RE: my thoughs on 70-315
      ... What is the passing score, ... I'm a modestly experienced developer, that is, about a year and a ... I took various practice tests on the internet ... complexity of the questions you are presented with on the real exam. ...
      (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad)
    • Re: Brain dumps, cheat sheets for exams like mcse ccna.
      ... I think it is better to demonstrate my .NET knowledge by showing what I've ... My impression is that a lot of employers don't care about ... those certification exams from microsoft, they are more interested in what ... helpful for the people who can't spend money on the exam prep for ccna ...