Re: I read book; what now?

From: Colin Nash [MVP] (cnash-REMOVETHIS-_at_mvps.org)
Date: 03/09/04

Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 18:53:37 -0500

The resource kit isn't really marketed as a learning tool for a beginner.
It's a reference.

Try some practice exams and experiment with some test systems running
Windows, performing the excercises in the book you already have...

"Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I finished whit book MCSA/MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit
(Exam 70-210): Microsoft® Windows® 2000 Professional,
Second Edition.
http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/6111.asp

But I think that this isn't enough for exam 70-210. So I
am thinking to buy this book: Microsoft® Windows® 2000
Professional Resource Kit
http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/1393.asp

What do you think? Is this book good for learning and
preparing to take exam 70-210?

by Miha

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Ok.
    ... I hope that later a red Swingline stapler will ask me how many quoestions are on the 70-290 exam and an obtuse fax machine blinking "PC LOAD LETTER" will query for the youngest MCP. ... Sure I've gone through the study guides like Sybex and Syngress and MS Press, but I also fire up the Help files, books online, google stuf that doesn't make sense and TECHNET! ... If you go through all of teh material in the resource kit for XP, then all of the material in the resouce kit for win2003, then all of the info in the help files for both O/S's and still can't pass the exam for 270, there's only one explaination - you didn't practice what you read. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
  • Re: Ok.
    ... like Sybex and Syngress and MS Press, but I also fire up the Help files, ... books online, google stuf that doesn't make sense and TECHNET! ... of the resource kit that will really help for MS test. ... O/S's and still can't pass the exam for 270, ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
  • Re: 70-270 test results
    ... Also consider investing in something like ... > it you will have the skills instead of just knowing the ... >>Readiness Rewiew question book for this exam, ... >>I will study the Resource kit for XP, ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa)