Re: SUS server

From: Brendon Rogers (
Date: 03/09/04

Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 07:58:48 -0500

you will have better luck posting this in
microsoft.public.softwareupdatesvcs group.

"stryder" <> wrote in message
> I am running Windows Server 2003 with SUS on a network
> that is connected to the Internet and it currently
> downloads updates from Microsoft. Is there a way I can
> copy these updates and take them on a disk to a Windows
> 2000 Server running SUS. I have a standalone domain that
> has no Internet connection and is not authorized to
> connect to the Internet. I am trying to figure out a way
> to implement automatic updates with SUS on this
> standalone network and I'm not sure how to get the
> updates to one of the domain contollers. Mostly I'm not
> sure which files to backup/copy or if I need to be using
> IIS backup utility on the 2003 server that is able to
> download updates from Microsoft.
> Thanks!

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Deploying Microsoft patches
    ... Try SUS from M$. ... windows update server for your organization. ... You can't use SUS to deploy your own updates (you can use this tool to ...
  • Re: tips on regarding Help and Support issues "Did you know"
    ... enable autodial set to 1) and also on some pc's with broadband, it updates ... So I am inclined to believe that it is server side and intermittent. ... > I've observed the problem always happens with broadband connection. ... > connected to internet using dial-up, Help and Support could connect to the ...
  • Re: SOS Trojan Attack
    ... server, there is no network, just Internet connections through modem, ... It's most likely a "script kiddie" running an automated cracker. ... Being on a modem connection is no excuse at all for not keeping your debian ... Can't you leave your connection running (getting updates) overnight while ...
  • Re: Netopia 3347NWG with Remote Desktop and Remote Web Workplace
    ... Then try an external connection to your server/workstations via ... forwarded to the server. ... Exchange BPA updates), ... So much for Exchange Best Practices Analyzer. ...
  • Re: Error 0x80070057
    ... For suggestions related to SUS please post on the SUS newsgroup: ... I have a 'closed' system with no outside internet access. ... SUS runs on the server. ... Under Options on the SUS server I just set it to> get updates from another SUS server. ...