studing for 70-290

From: Worker Bee (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 03/04/04

Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 14:30:25 -0800

Sean,

  From what you are saying, I am guessing that you are
running this server as a DHCP Server. If so, you need to
set up a static IP address for your DHCP server, and then
install AD. You should always use static IPs for domain
controllers (and DNS servers).

Doug
at
>all, have got my hands on an evaluation. Copy of '03.
When
>I go to install it goes on fine but when i try to
install
>active directory as the fist domain controller with dhcp
>and dns the dhcp goes on then when it gets to active
>directory i get a message stating that the ip/tcp is not
>configured and needs to be for me to be able to
continue.
>I've tried to configure it with no joy as far as I can
see
>it's the dhcp's ip address that cursing the problem. As
>far as I can tell it needs to be set to: 192.168.0.10
but
>I can't seem to find a way to do so. Any help will be
>great thank Sean
>
>p.s. is running on a HP p2 with 896 ram and yes has a
3com
>net card

  • Re: follow-up: need advice for installing VPN on Windows Server 2003
    ... I get this error message: ... Active Directory Federation Services ... X In order to install any ADFS component, ... The specified server cannot perform the requested operation.. ...
  • Re: removing Windows 2008 DC after demotion, time for ntdsutil
    ... Run diagnostics against your Active Directory domain. ... If you don't have the support tools installed, ... Windows 2003 DC had to do a reboot; ... REcently demoted a Windows 2008 x64 Enterprise DC to a member server. ...
  • Re: Connection to a SAMBA Active Directory
    ... There is no such thing as a SAMBA active directory. ... workstations, servers, mac's, and nix boxes to the AD and then install ... Install Windows 2003 Server. ...
  • RE: SBS DS, DNS etc seizing up every few days
    ... We have an SBS 2003 R2 server with directory services etc seizing up every ... new install and has been running for some time without problems, ... Source: NTDS ISAM ... unexpected error while performing an Active Directory operation. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: AD Replication issue
    ... If you don't have the support tools installed, install them from your server ... are not replicating to the ADC, ROOTDC is the GC where as ADC is not and ... "The following active directory error occured: ...