Re: IP address

From: LnkWizard (lnk.wizard.nodots2_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 03/01/04

Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 14:50:29 -0600

I stand corrected, it looks like the Ziff Davis Books I
was thinking about are actually put out by QUE
Publishing www.quepublishing.,com. They have
quite a series on networking my suggestion is:
"Absolute Beginners Guide to Networking"
Joe Habraken
ISBN 0-7897-2545-2

Continue reading your "Networking for Dummies" and pick up
"TCP/IP for Dummies" and you will have a good basic
set of books to build your knowledge with.

--
Alan G
---
"senseofhumor13" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm not at all offended by your suggestion of
> the "dummies" version of the network book. In fact, I
> appreciate all the time and thought that you've put into
> posting. And, as of matter of fact, I did read a little
> bit of "Networking for Dummies" over the weekend. I found
> it interesting and informative. I will take your advice
> and look into reading the other books as well. Is Ziff
> Davis the author for both the TCP/IP book as well as
> basic networking?
>
> Thanks again.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Redhat certification
    ... On Fri, 18 Jul 2008, in the Usenet newsgroup linux.redhat, in article ... Using books from the LDP? ... Microsoft was teaching Class-ful networking as the ... I was interviewing an applicant for student intern here ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • Re: IP address question
    ... "Networking for Dummies" book? ... "An IP address on the internet is a destination to look for." ... Dummies" and "Windows for Dummies" books to the Goodwill. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: IP address question
    ... "Networking for Dummies" book? ... "An IP address on the internet is a destination to look for." ... Dummies" and "Windows for Dummies" books to the Goodwill. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Another basic networking question.
    ... expanding things, I've found lots of docs and howto's on individual ... I got the Linux Networking Cookbook yesterday and it covers ... I know what you mean by books and their availability. ... how to implement networking practices under fedora/red hat systems would ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Help: MCSE, MCSA
    ... >>I have been doing a lot of dealing with Microsoft products over the past 3 ... >>Networking, IIS, DNS, Project Server, Share Point and so on. ... >>the solutions I need and have over years accumulated many books. ... > Messaging Services Architect ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.setup)