Re: IP address

From: FrisbeeŽ MCNGP (billLASTINIT_at_dasi-software.com)
Date: 02/27/04

Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 11:09:45 -0500

kpg wrote:
> ???
>
> Auditing a class is sitting in on it but not getting a grade or
> being required to participate. It costs less than actually taking
> the class while having the benift of instruction.

I understand that meaning of the word as well, I just thought perhaps the OP
was referring to the situation I encountered... especially since it was the
215 portion he had trouble with.

--
Fris "The Inuit have 50 different words for audit" beeŽ, MCNGP #13
Certaholics

  • Re: IP address
    ... Auditing a class is sitting in on it but not getting a grade or ... It costs less than actually taking ... > I think he means that the system would not allow auditing. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa)
  • Re: 89 Octane gas
    ... number as the price of gas goes up. ... it would be almost impossible to create an experiment that would be controlled enough to offer empirical data that would compare the fuel strategy costs accurately. ... But you guys are all correct, I'm saving at most $1.50 per tank on the fill up, and could actually have a higher cost per mile that can eat the buck and a half over 300-ish miles. ... (Assuming a price difference of a dime between the cost of one grade and the next higher grade, and a fill up of 15 gallons.) ...
    (alt.autos.bmw)
  • Re: The End of the Large Family ?
    ... wages are higher in places where housing costs more. ... Actually for DH's job there are nationally published professional grades and range and average salaries for the grade and he's actually paid at the bottom end of that and he certainly isn't ranked as a higher grade because of where we live and everything points to the likelyhood that he could earn more and have a lower cost of living in other parts of the country. ... What is challenging in this area is that you do have to go quite a distance to find cheaper housing, which has a knock on effect on commute costs and traffic volume and even then housing isn't dramatically cheaper, which then means there is a shortage of employees for low paid jobs in the urban area and some restaurants have even gone out of business because they can't get the staff. ... There is also a very odd balance of population as there is a high percentage of people who are on dependants visas and therefore can't work and they are educated people on average because the working member of the family has to be well educated to have qualified for a visa. ...
    (misc.kids)
  • Re: Question for Mets fans
    ... Perhaps you're reading too much into what has become a pretty common expression, but one which, as far as I recall, was not in common use when I was in the fourth grade. ... This guy sitting is his basement feels better because Derek is sitting in a luxurious condo somewhere? ... No, he's sitting in his basement feeling better because his chosen team lasted longer, and came closer to succeeding, by the prevailing standard, than the team whose captain and fans have presumed to define and set that very standard. ... I question the validity of this philosophy, though, because it suggests that DJ would see no material difference between being held down and molested in the first round of the playoffs, and going down fighting in Game 7 of the League Championship. ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets)
  • Re: Question for Mets fans
    ... use when I was in the fourth grade. ... his basement feels better because Derek is sitting in a luxurious condo ... captain and fans have presumed to define and set that very standard. ... is what Jeter has said. ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets)