Re: Question about RIS - Can't install the Network card after installation..

From: Miklos (miklos_at_yeahsureSTOPSPAM.com)
Date: 02/23/04

Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 19:31:43 -0400

:)

Yeah, I think you are 100% right!!!!!!
I was thinking that the $OEM$ was inside the i386 folder!!!..
I even don't think about it..
and reading again the KB315279 that is what is saying there:
"At the same level as the i386 folder on the RIS image create a $oem$
folder..."

yes, to do more quickly I think another thing....

GREAT.. now works... THANKS FOR YOUR HELP BRIAN!!..

Miklos

"Gui" <headhunter65@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> There's no need to copy the cab files.
> I've enclosed a few jpg's of the correct file structures.
>
> Just to clarify here
> The 3rd party oem driver should be created under the flat O/S image file
> ($oem$\$1\Drivers\NIC (rishelp.jpg)
> The sif file that you'll edit is in the templates folder of the RIS'd
image
> file. (rishelp2.jpg)

> -
>
> Creating this file structure is what allows the image to be deployed by
the
> RIS server.  So if the image is making it's way to the client everything
is
> working as it should.
>

> What is the problem with the client PC after the RIS installation
completes?
> Can you boot the O/S on the client?
>

> Thanks
> Brian
>

> "Miklos" <miklos@yeahsureSTOPSPAM.com> wrote in message
> > Hi..
> >
> > I copy the  .inf's and .sys's  to the I386 folder in order that the RIS
> > runs...
> >
> > But I don't understand why after finish the installation I don't have
the
> > network drivers working not installed..
> > as you said... then how pass the installation... ( ? )..
> >
> > This is the main problem here, I don't know what I am missing or what
> > happen.....
> >
> > In another forum where I post they recomend me to also copy the *.cab
> files
> > to the I386 folder, but also is not working....
> >
> > I am missing another step here??? or what?
> >

> > Thanks
> >
> > Miklos
> >

> > "Gui" <headhunter65@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Hey Miklos,
> > >
> > > not sure what you're asking here.....
> > >
> > > you wrote
> > > "However after finish the installation - Windows2000ProSP4 didn't
> install
> > > anything (of the DRV\NIC Folder), why ? Not even the network drivers ?
> > > weird"
> > >
> > > If you got past the installation then it's working.
> > >

> > > "Miklos" <miklos@yeahsureSTOPSPAM.com> wrote in message

> time
> > > ago)

> with
> > 2
> > > select
> but

> > > third-party

> > Win2kPro
> folder....

> install
> > > weird

> > RIS

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How should I buy XP Pro?
    ... Is license code the same as the COA? ... COA is a sticker on the system itself - it is an OEM version - which means ... Used and if you did not get a receipt saying 'this laptop ... media they sold or have the end-user make is not actually installation media ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: SMS RIS and OSD - URGENT
    ... computer name given by SMS OSD and will not create a computer by RIS on the AD ... You also mention that you " I've got both my OSD CD installaion and the OSD ... installation running fine. ... Copy Windows PE boot-files to the RIS Server ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.tools)
  • Re: OEM license
    ... installation files are retained by the original owner. ... The original Microsoft OEM operating system software cannot be ... original hardware accompanying it, then installed on another computer, ... The End User License Agreement (EULA) for OEM software, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Re-Acticatining Windows XP
    ... Is the shop-keeper imposing "idiocy" upon his honest customers ... > Retail Home, Full Retail Home Upgrade, OEM Pro, OEM Home, OEM Pro ... Microsoft, by providing different versions and licensing ... obliged to provide a true installation CD as part of the sale. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Use different CD to install Win XP
    ... purchase the OEM version and do just what you did. ... SP3 level, ... installation CD for XP Home at the SP3 level would suit your needs. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)